Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Route advice – 100 mile -ish Peaks outing. Any suggestions?
  • hillsplease

Morning All

I have been tasked with sorting a 100 mile Peak District Loop. Is there an obvious but fun route that I can crib or am I making my own up?

Thanks for any help

Paul

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

off road like?

nbt

100 miles in the peak district is a LONG ride. Longest I've ever done was 48 or so, and that was 10 hours out, 7 in the saddle. The Lord Of The Loops in the V-graphics books is just shy of 60 I think?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i've done 60 in the peaks, might have a track of it, easily extended to 100 with a few extra bits and bobs

like nbt says, you'd best be pretty damn fit, be an impressive ride if you did and i shall doff my hat on completion

crazy-legs

We did a 110km route a few years ago, it was done on one of the longest days of the year and it took 11hrs. We were all pretty fit, experienced at enduro events etc but it was bloody knackering. That includes some fairly easy sections like the Longdendale Trail (old railway line) that you can just spin along.

100 miles will be a 14hr+ day. I'm not saying it's not doable, just be aware of what you're letting yourself in for, the Peaks is deceptively hilly and tiring – I'd say it's much harder work than riding in the Lakes.

stevemakin
    Free Member

3 gates ride from a few years ago as Crazy mentions, it was in the mag IIRC ?, might be able to get the route from the mag archive, it was a long day out but also a great day out

hillsplease

Morning Fellas –

Perhaps I should have said it's a 2 dayer – but points all duly noted. The idea is long enough to hold the interest and make everyone earn their beers but capable of getting up the next day to do it all again.

Thanks for the tips

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Route advice – 100 mile -ish Peaks outing. Any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.