• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Roughly how much food do you consume in an average day?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Today I’ve had:

A malt loaf, large packet of pretzels, 2 ham and cheese rolls, a cornetto, 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, a mini roll, a jam donut, a plate of ham from a joint we roasted, an energy gel (during 18 mile run). Just about to have salmon, lentils and green beans and a couple of ales, probably 2 more mini rolls too.

I just seem to eat constantly.

I think you’re allowed if you are running 18 miles. I’d struggle at 1.8 miles.

flap_jack
    Free Member

omelette with tomatoes and nasturtium leaves for brekkie
    sausage sandwich with eggs on home made spelt bread for lunch

55 minutes interval training. hard enough to feel quite ‘odd’.

paleo ‘homebrew’ for recovery

and there’s a massive brisket in the oven

emsz
    Free Member

bowl of porridge

cheese wrap

coffee

spooky_b329

Up until about four months ago, I was having a cereal breakfast, starting my lunch mid morning, often grabbing a pasty or other bakery goodness at lunchtime to replace what I’d already eaten, a mid afternoon snack, then as we aren’t able to eat til gone 8pm most days, another sarny when I got home from work, then dinner. Bulk of the snacking was bread/cheese etc. Plus regular tea/coffee.

I then cut out all the snacking between meals, only eating at the proper times. I also cut out about 80% of the ham/cheese consumption, upped the fruit, and choose healthier versions of some stuff.

I’ve dropped an inch (34 to 33″) on the waist (though I suspect that is more that my stomach isn’t full rather than any noticeable reduction in fat, and I’ve dropped maybe 5kg’s in the first few weeks, but now no change.

I’m not overweight (now 73kg/5’10”) but at 29 I was starting to notice the signs of middle age spread…I went from 32 to 34″ trousers and quickly filled out to fit them, beginnings of a double chin! But without a doubt, I must be healthier for cutting out a fair percentage of the fat/crap I was eating. I have an active job (i.e. I am on my feet all day with occasional physically demanding tasks) but outside of work I tend to be fairly lazy, I normally only ride a couple of times a month 🙄

ton

fruit n fibre
    apple orange
    bowl of chilli, no rice
    apple banana
    spud wedges steak

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Roughly how much food do you consume in an average day?’ is closed to new replies.