Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rough estimate to move a radiator ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

We have a combi boiler, before new flooring goes down we were thinking of having a radiator moved further along a wall so we can utilise the wall space.

We’d provide a new vertical rad
    Floorboards are already exposed so pipe work is easy to get at.

Rough estimate?? London tax I presume !

Had one quote which was £450 not including the rad !
    Doesn’t sound right at all.

Time ??

Thanks in advance

BFITH
    Free Member

Sounds a bit much! Have you thought of doing it yourself? Not as hard as it looks to shorten/lengthen a bit of pipework.
    If youve already got the boards up it shouldnt take more than a couple of hours…

Rockape63
    Free Member

£100 would be reasonable. But then unless you know a Plumber, you’ll struggle to get that price so I’d aim for £175 tops.

CHB

Around £150 round near us (Leeds). You still at same residence? We are down in London for the day in a couple of weeks if you wanted Tea and Cake in exchange for parking again. 🙂

nickewen
    Free Member

Sounds very high. I can’t see that taking more than half a day max.. Move some pipes, few new fittings & pipework, screw new rad brackets to wall, drill a couple holes in the floorboards, etc. I’d be pissed off if my heating engineer quoted me much more than 100 quid for that (Newcastle)

bearnecessities

We are down in London for the day in a couple of weeks if you wanted Tea and Cake in exchange for parking again

Best sexy-time metaphor ever.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

@CHB
    Still at same address, feel free to park on the drive for the day if it’s during the week. – no need for tea ! (Gone onto organic tea)

I was hoping £200 max have a few more quotes to get.

mtbfix

You could do all the pre work yourself if the plumbing aspect is the issue. Fitting the rad and cutting any holes in advance means you’d just be paying for the call out and an hour or so of labour for the pipes to be fitted.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Too high. Looks like a classic I can’t be bothered unless it’s really worth my while quote. Even in London £250 plus any bits would seem more than reasonable for half a days work max.

Cost of living in London (eg housing) much higher than up North so prices should reflect that but not £450 vs £100

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d do it myself.

Simple job.

takisawa2

Mount the new rad yourself.
    Lift the floorboards ready.
    Offer proper tea.
    Tell him/her, they look good in “x” colour.

£200 tops.

footflaps

Had one quote which was £450 not including the rad !

£900 day rate!

Well at least if I lose my job I can always become a plumber in London 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rough estimate to move a radiator ?’ is closed to new replies.