Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rough cost of Soffits and guttering?
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking at getting the Soffits, fascia’s and guttering replaced on our house but have no idea on what sort of price to expect to pay.
    Its a 4 bed end terrace if that helps.

We got a quote 2 year ago but it was something ridiculous like £5k

Any ideas?

Dekerf
    Free Member

Ive got a 3 bed mid terrace, with a downstairs room out the back

Got quoted £4k which i thought was about £2k too expensive

If i did it myself

Materials £400 tops I think more like £300
    Scaffolding hire £250
    I’d even pay a mate to help me at £100 per day – 2/3 days work

So very expensive

Plus also i could then paint the front of the house and fit my security cameras properly too

somouk
    Free Member

I have a 2 bed end terrace in the midlands and the best quote I’ve had is £900.

I’ve had people quote 2.5k and come down to around £900 over the space of a few days.

project
    Free Member

Customer last year facia had gone back of house along with part of soffit , all overhanging conservatory, he offered to hold the ladder while i stretched out undid the gutter brackets, replaced facia and sofits, all while balanced on a plank on a upvc conservatory.

I refused the job and offer of cash in hand, the risk of appearing on 24 hours in a and e wasnt enough to swing the equation.

You need scaffolding and a head for heights.

Also if its a terrace on the pavement eg no garden youll need permission of the council for scaffolding and red lights each end to warn bling lgv drivers to avaoid the huge meccano set on the front of your house as well as yellow bumpers.

bearnecessities

On the guttering front, think about aluminium. I had a single piece extruded aluminium done front and back (about 3.5m front and 7m back) including new plastic down pipes, elbow connectors etc, taking off the old stuff including grinding off the mahoosive metal brackets for £400.

With no joins, no brackets and nice shiny black finish, it looks bloody good too (yes, I do look up sometimes and go “ooooh”)

stumpyjon

£4k here 3 years ago for a four bed detached including single storey pitched bit at the front and new dry verges and rain water goods. Stripped back properly removing old old timber and rebuilding a decorative dormer thing.

gringo

2k here for a 3 bed semi in south London last year

wrightyson
    Free Member

*Reopens eurocell account*

deadkenny
    Free Member

somouk – Member
    I’ve had people quote 2.5k and come down to around £900 over the space of a few days.

Same bunch as double glazing salesmen sounds like. Businesses who’s business is flogging the product/service at way over price to the most gullible that won’t negotiate down to the real price and then get shoddy guys in to do it, rather than selling a product/service to do a job at a reasonable profit and keep customers satisfied.

Tick off the list –

Starts at stupidly high price
    Offers a slightly lower but stupidly high price
    Bamboozles you with techno garbage and flicking through brochures to confuse and distract you
    Still not happy with the price so offers lower but has to “call his manager”
    … on your phone at your cost
    (manager is bloke down the pub)
    Offers a final lower price if you agree to it on the phone

Swelper
    Free Member

£3.5k here. Three bed semi. Connected garage with pitched roof.

Guttering, soffets, new front door, back door, garage door (external one from kitchen), patio doors and facias. The scaffording must of been on another job

Very good job indeed

What I would say is ensure vents are included on the soffets as many installers just put the new ones straight onto the existing ones without.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Two grand for a four bed detatched in Surrey which I thought was pretty good.
    A lovely job they did too.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Just had my mums house done(2 bed end terrace) here in Dumfries & Galloway. Bought fascia boards,soffits and gutters from local merchant and got a local joinery to fit them. All in it cost around £950. The local “home improvements” company quoted around 2.5k which was apparently a reduced price as she’d previously used them for other work.

grtdkad

Had ours done in recent months by the local go-to roofing / windows business – four bed detached house, paid £2250. Nice job, 10yr insurance backed guarantee etc.

Did have two other quotes which were £3800 and £4600. Bonkers.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

2K a few years back. Cambridge, 3 bed detached. Included soffits guttering & downpipes, bay window including gable ends, porch linking to garage, front of garage above door and bird resistant mesh under 1st row of tiles. Lovely job done too. Only downside is it’s difficult to keep white looking clean at the higher level. Make sure they remove all existing soffit/fascia and not just clad over it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rough cost of Soffits and guttering?’ is closed to new replies.