Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rotten to the core…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips for core conditioning and base training to keep me occupied this winter?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

TRX

philconsequence
    Free Member

lots of sex in lots of interesting positions.

_tom_
    Free Member

Aren’t squats and deadlifts good for core strength?

iDave
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmUBUjGseuA[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kettle bells seem to be all the rage.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That looks like it’ll do the job iDave… not sure about longevity though.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Turbo and gym, TBH I use this throughout the year. Come home check training schedule, see whats on TV then train whatching TV finished and food 🙂 Tend to spend weekends if more or less dry at trail centre because there pretty much weather proof to keep my eye in so to speak. Main think is to keep the core training enjoyable – hence TV on turbo in front room ha ha ha

trailmonkey

am i the only one a bit scared to open idave’s video ?

uplink
    Free Member

Main think is to keep the core training enjoyable – hence TV on turbo in front room ha ha ha

Turbo and enjoyable?

Tolerable, certainly, but enjoyable? 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If you can concentrate enough to watch TV on a turbo you are doing it wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

Nope.

How about boxercise? Some classes are a bit poncy, but if you find the right one with a good mix of learning boxing skills + circuits, its great. Wish I had a free evening for it these days 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

I thought those rap vids of bullhearts were pretty bad, but that iDave’s is much much worse. LOL

xcgb
    Free Member

nope but its not as bad as the still suggests!

GrahamS

That’s all well and good – but he is doing a rubbish job of vacuuming the floor.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Anyone got any tips for core conditioning and base training to keep me occupied this winter?

Do a plank for all of November.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Enjoyable meant that I keep the training as interesting as I can to make sure I actual follow the training plan (as best I can) and more importantly keep up the training. So many fail to keep it ‘enjoyable’ and stop training. You may have a great training plan but if you cant keep it up?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What about base training? I’m not even sure I get the concept.

chugg08

Try the crossfit girls:
    http://crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#WOD0

You can have a different one each day and choose whether to use equipment.

V hard initially and you question what is possible, but it does get easier.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Base training – generally means long slow rides in heart rate zone 2. I have found a couple of days a week in the gym also really helps with the arm, back, core areas. I found increasing my overal strength has helped with mtb rides. Turbo means avoiding long cold rides 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

If by core conditioning you mean lower back/ab/lats – core strength – then yoga is your friend. Improves flexibility too.
    Although being a cyclist means any of the positions requiring straight legs can be quite challenging! Short hamstrings-tastic

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rotten to the core…’ is closed to new replies.