• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rotherham – the gift that keeps on giving
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

CH4 now – arranged Romany Gypsy marriages of girls aged 14!

A touch matriarchal grandmother has, so far, made most sense. The rest is mind boggling!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll put the kettle on, shall I?

Pook

Don’t write the entire town off based on some pockets of crap, CFH.

If we were to do that with Laaadaaahhhnnn……

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Pockets!?! Pockets!?! With the exception of the ‘stockbroker belt’ of Wickersley the town resembles an entire suit made of pockets.

I’m guessing that this documentary was from the same series produced by Rotherham Tourist Board that brought you Rubber Lips Teaches People in Rotherham Not to Eat Rubbish and Mary Portas Tells Everyone in Rotherham to Open a Shop!

Pook

You’re just jealous ‘cos you’re from Brecks.

ninfan
    Free Member

jambourgie
    Free Member

Don’t write the entire town off based on some pockets of crap, CFH.

If we were to do that with Laaadaaahhhnnn……

Have you been to Rotherham? I have. It’s like stepping back into the 14th century.

Pook

Yes. Yes I have.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Me too, he’s being generous 😀

tazzymtb

Having worked in the god forsaken place it is very much as obi wan said “a hive of scum and villany” it makes stoke on trent look like a bastion of art culture and Renaissance men

Onzadog
    Free Member

Watching this thread with interest as my boss is keen for me to move closer.

igm

JE James used to be a good bike shop though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Still a little amazed by the documentary last night, it would seem Rotherham attracts those groups who have patterns of behaviour are ones that most would consider antisocial or even illegal.

Maybe this is a result of the less than rigorous attention of the council & plod to their behaviour & ‘culture’.

Onzadog – I would look elsewhere or very, very carefully, there are a few nice bits (Pooksville) but most are still close to grim bits. Ask for local advice.

binners

Even people from Sheffield regard Rotherham as the third world.

hora
    Free Member

Yeah, last week I had to go round to the Social Landlords house that houses Romanians and ask them for my sons bike back. Walking up the drive I had to step over their childrens bikes but strangely my sons bright red one was deep inside their house.

The good thing is they know now that I’m onto them. So anything else that goes missing I’ll be kicking their door in….. just like the Police raid did on them a few months back.

I wont hear a bad word said about Romanian Gypsies as my experiences of them has been exemplary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rotherham – the gift that keeps on giving’ is closed to new replies.