Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rothbury
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Any good hidden or hard to find bits in the forest? Anyone got them mapped out? Have only ever used forest trail up and then rocy bridleway down.

Cheers

ton

lardlovers your man for there.

thomthumb
    Free Member

this book has a few good roues in the area. As far as i remeber only one or two rideable out of rothbury

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Bike-Guide-Derek-Purdy/dp/0948153164

HTH

carbon337
    Free Member

There is thrunton woods with its hidden trails not far but not sure about simonside – i can never find anything there. You will however also find no gas, electricity or water

LardLover
    Free Member

There’s some bits at Simonside, sort of a combination of the way-marked trails and local knowledge. If you’re doing Simonside you’re better off combining it with the Carriage Drive (north side of Rothbury) for a decent ride, again local knowledge is best to get the best bits out of both.

Thrunton is a few miles away, best to go there only as opposed to linking it with Rothbury, unless you’re an animal 🙄

As for the “hidden trails” at Thrunton, it’s only a rumour, don’t believe everything you read on here 😉

Of course, I’d love nothing better than to provide some local knowledge, BUT, having decided to sell my one and only bike and have a year solely dedicated to munching the tarmac miles, I’m afraid it won’t be me, sorry.

Drac

Lots of trails around there not sure Lard’s your man he gets out less then me and now has turned roadie. Fire me an email and I can put you in touch with people or even might get out myself soon.

stw

@

lost-soul.co.uk

LardLover
    Free Member

I could take my road bike, point you in the right direction then wait for you at the next available spot. Then again, I’d be itching to get the miles in!

🙄

Hey Lee, wait till you see my “new” (to me) road bike, it’ll convert you for sure 😉

Drac

I bet you it doesn’t.

LardLover
    Free Member

Ok, I’m sure it won’t. But boy am I getting a twinge!

nodrog2
    Free Member

How big is the group Dave? Happy to show you Thrunton if there are not loads of people.

MTT
    Free Member

LardLover – you road ride round there much, I often see a few cyclists particularly Rothbury – Thropton. If you see a Litespeed Ghisallo around those parts make yourself known 🙂

BillyBull
    Free Member

Gordon. I texted Terry but no response yet about picking you up at shop.

LardLover
    Free Member

Not too much during the winter MTT, but come spring I’ll passing through a few times, on the way to the Gibbet (and tea and cake in Elsdon).

simonside
    Free Member

simonside
    Free Member

That should read,
    There`s lots of hard to find bits 😉
    Who was on the carriage drive yesterday afternoon ?

I am local BTW

dr_death
    Free Member

Count me in for a trip when your going billy, should have some wheels again soon!

And Lard… What the hell are you thinking man!!!!

Drac

Blimey could turn out like a bog trotters meeting. 😆

simonside
    Free Member

Plenty of bog up on Addycome moor.
    If it`s bogtrotter style ride, best that some of the hard to find bits will be TOO hard to find eh Lee?

Drac

Certainly some areas should never be revealed.

simonside
    Free Member

Carriage drive (greatest hits of course) and blue mill only then 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rothbury’ is closed to new replies.