Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Rose – why?
  • ransos
    Free Member

Rosé wine is red grapes pressed rather than macerated.

Or by blending red and white wine.

orangespyderman

Or by blending red and white wine.

Not in Europe* it’s not, except for Champagne. Any rosé made in Europe* in this way is done so fraudulently.

EDIT : *This may not apply to all of Europe, but certainly applies to French rosé, and I think there is a European directive.

ransos
    Free Member

Not in Europe* it’s not, except for Champagne. Any rosé made in Europe* in this way is done so fraudulently.

It was pink champagne I was thinking of. Not exactly uncommon exception… and I’m partial to a Billecart-Salmon rosé.

GrahamS

I refuse to be lectured about wine by a damned new world colonial. 😉

ElShalimo

Don’t drink the Tarrango it makes you have a mini-meltdown
    [video]https://youtu.be/GzQ2-EwgdXQ[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Misses is a teacher and often ends up with bottles of rose as gifts at the end of the year.

Usually what people have lurking unwanted in the back of their cupboards that they fish out as an emergency last minute re-gift 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mixed views on rosé this year. Always tastes better IME when drunk in a warm climate at the right time. But for some reason, this summer there has been a lot of very bland and disappointing rosés around, and that includes among my wine buff friends. Got to the stage where is have given up for the year.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Rose – why?’ is closed to new replies.