Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rosberg to be punished….
  • johndoh
    Free Member
    yorkshire89
    Free Member

Disciplined by Mercedes, is that just a telling off?

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea yet – we’ll see I guess….

mrben100
    Free Member

Toto Wolff to the media later today I reckon…

‘He’s not a good driver – he’s a very naughty boy’

dooosuk
    Free Member

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9446221/Merc-Nico-Has-Accepted-Responsibility

Not a lot more info but they’re still free to race (apparently)

badnewz
    Free Member

Why on earth did he admit to doing it in the first place.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Ugh, Pouty faced captain yogurt gets his way, his awful girlfriend showed him how do to the puppy eyes.

Racing incident.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up

Pook

I have no idea what you’re on about sneakyg4

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Lets just say that I am not a Hamilton fan.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Lets just say that I am not a Hamilton fan.

Why? That was clearly a racing incident, especially as the guy admitted so himself.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Not a Hamilton fan? I just don’t get the hype around him, clearly he has talent but it only seems to show when he is in a car that is superior to the rest of the field. He can’t bring home the win or strong finishes in a sub par machine, truely great drivers manage this.

Rosberg has admitted fault, I am yet to hear that Rosberg has admitted it was deliberate. Surely if mistakes are to be punished in this way then half the grid would be under constant sanction from their teams?

slowoldman

But in the meeting on Friday Mercedes head of motorsport Toto Wolff and executive director (technical) Paddy Lowe made it clear such actions were unacceptable and laid down strict guidelines for future racing between the two

Ooh, I wonder what they are?

the-muffin-man

but it only seems to show when he is in a car that is superior to the rest of the field

Have you not watched the last 7 or so seasons then? I think this year is the only year he’s had a superior car.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

How many world championships in that time?

bombjack
    Free Member

Punished in a Max Mosley sense? (alledgedly…) 😳

the-muffin-man

How many world championchips in that time?

1 – and that proves what? Alonso only has 2.

How many for Rosberg and how many wins did Rosberg have in that time? He’s only won 7 races and 4 of those in a car way better than the rest of the field.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

You are right It proves nothing, this is a personal thing, he walks and talks with the swagger of a truly great driver, which he simply is not. I think that is my major problem with him.

Fandom is rarely about the numbers.

You mention Alonso, he seems to flatter every bit of machinery he is given, bet he gets round the supermarket with a wonky wheeled trolley no problem at all. I am not a big fan, but he stands out to me as as one of the greats.

digga
    Free Member

badnewz – Member
    Why on earth did he admit to doing it in the first place.

Well when you have the likes of Martin Brundle saying there was a definite second more on the steering wheel into Hamilton’s rear tyre, you really know the game is up.

I feel sorry for Rosberg, because he’s made himself look very weak with this. It all smacks of desperation and of someone who is ultimately not quite up to the cut and thrust of wheel-to-wheel racing and overtaking in the same way as the very best of the grid.

sneakyg4 – Member
    You mention Alonso, he seems to flatter every bit of machinery he is given, bet he gets round the supermarket with a wonky wheeled trolley no problem at all. I am not a big fan, but he stands out to me as as one of the greats.

Right now, the best in F1 IMHO and I really love his diehard attitude to racing.

theflatboy
    Free Member

sneakyg4 – Member

If only there was a season where Alonso and Hamilton were on the same team, so we could compare their ability in identical cars…

badnewz
    Free Member

Well when you have the likes of Martin Brundle saying there was a definite second more on the steering wheel into Hamilton’s rear tyre, you really know the game is up.

But the racing authorities didn’t feel the need to investigate it.

He should have just kept his mouth shut.

tpbiker
    Free Member

If only there was a season where Alonso and Hamilton were on the same team, so we could compare their ability in identical cars…

exactly…if i remember correctly Alonso threw his toys out the pram having been beaten by a complete rookie

jota180
    Free Member

Lewis Hamilton: “Today we came together as a team and discussed our differences. Nico and I accept that we have both made mistakes and I feel it would be wrong to point fingers and say which one is worse than the other. What’s important is how we rise as a team from these situations. We win and we lose together and, as a team, we will emerge stronger.

“There is a deep foundation that still exists for me and Nico to work from, in spite of our difficult times and differences.

“We have the greatest team, the strongest group of individuals who have worked their hands to the bone to give us the best car you see us racing today.

“It’s important that we never forget that and give them the results they deserve.

“Today, Toto and Paddy told us clearly how we must race against each other from now on in a fair and respectful manner.

“The fans want to see a clean fight until the end of the season and that’s what we want to give them.

“It’s going to be a tough road from here but championships have been won from much further back than I am now.

“And I promise you that I will be giving everything and more to win this for my team, for my family and for my fans.’

“There is a deep foundation that still exists for me and Nico to work from, in spite of our difficult times and differences. We have the greatest team, the strongest group of individuals who have worked their hands to the bone to give us the best car you see us racing today. It’s important that we never forget that and give them the results they deserve.”

Nico Rosberg: “In the days since the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happened during the race and discussing it with the team.

“I have already expressed my regret about the incident but, after meeting with Toto, Paddy and Lewis today, I wish to go a step further and describe it as an error of judgement on my part.

“The number one rule for us as team-mates is that we must not collide but that is exactly what happened.

“For that error of judgement, I apologise to Lewis and the team. I also want to say sorry to the fans who were deprived of our battle for the lead in Belgium.

“Lewis and I have been given clear instructions about how we race each other.

“As drivers, we have a clear responsibility to the team, the fans of the sport, our partners and Mercedes-Benz to deliver clean racing. We take that responsibility very seriously.

“I look forward to concluding the season with hard, fair competition on and off track right up to the final lap of the season in Abu Dhabi.”

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rosberg to be punished….’ is closed to new replies.