Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rope access – any jobs going?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Just found out my neighbour has been laid off. Grim at any time, but he’s got a young family to support. 🙁

He’s been working offshore (based in Scotland).

Anyone one here looking for folk? I imagine the market may be flooded with recently laid off folk ATM.

mattbee

Always a quiet time around now, weather & a lot of projects not starting u til new financial year.
    We are really busy ATM luckily down here on the South coast but I don’t have any openings I’m afraid.
    He needs to get on RiggAccess, and the usual Facebook pages.
    Do you know who he was out with? Know guys who are working for Can who are pretty busy offshore ATM…

giant_scum
    Free Member

Not sure if it would suit or not, but a company I used to work for are looking for PCN (telecoms) riggers! Most of the work is West Central Scotland and North of England.

Can get you the details of the contact if you want!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vorlich
    Free Member

I imagine he’d be open to any ideas ATM, G_S, that’d be great. Vorlich@gmail.com if you have any details to hand.

I’ve no idea who he was with before.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Where in Scotland? There’s a company near(ish) to me called Geo-Rope, they seem pretty busy.

firestarter
    Free Member

Hijack but Giant_scum could you send me the deatils too as i used to do that and im looking for a change thanks

vorlich
    Free Member

We’re in Fife.

peterfile
    Free Member

I know Niall who owns georope but haven’t seen him in a while. Hes a really good guy and geo rope generally seems pretty busy. If I can dig out his email or phone number from my iphone back up I’ll give him a shout.

mattbee

Winter geo work, mm!
    Best of luck to him…

giant_scum
    Free Member

Other option would be Redhall Networks they have a rigger based in Lochgelly! Also worth trying Mono consultants(East Kilkbride) and Dael telecom (Livingston).

@ Firestarter can you email me on hossack0610170@gmail.com

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

SSE are having an open day for recruitment within renewables on Saturday, not sure where yet, but I’ll post up when I find out.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s in Perth, but unfortunately you had to register last week for an invite, sorry.

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks anyway, I’ll need to nip round and see how he’s getting on with the lead from on here.
    A non-open open day. It’ll never catch on… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rope access – any jobs going?’ is closed to new replies.