Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Rooster builds
  • brianp
    Free Member

Such a nice looking frame set. Classy I would say.
    Straightliner, could I ask what hearing you went for? Have finally made my mind up to go for SS for my Rooster, and wondered about adjustment from 29 2.4″ tyres to 29+ tyres.
    Brian

Straightliner

I’ve gone for 32:19. I run 32:18 on a normal 29er, but I thought I’d gear down slightly to take into account the extra tyre diameter. I’ve only managed one ride so far and it seems to feel very similar to the 32:18 but I probably need a few more rides to decide if I can manage the slightly tougher gear on local rides.

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks, just checked what I have been riding, and it’s 32:20 knew it was low but makes it very easy for me. Probably stay with 32:20 then and see how I go.(I am very old!)
    Brian

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Looking good straightliner 😛

I’ve still not got mine started but at least have some more of the bits needed!

One upgrade I did that others may be interested in, is replacing the BB grub screws with stainless ones.
    These are the ones I used, M8x16mm, pack of 5 for £1.29
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121258450517

YoKaiser
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yQfVuq]Singular Rooster[/url] by Bigbroondug, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/yS2VfR]Singular Rooster[/url] by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Very happy 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

These look fun

Clobber
    Free Member

Finally got some proper miles on mine this weekend…

What a machine! Spot-on riding position, efficient pedalling combined with unstoppable rolling… it seems to plough over/through everything.

It doesn’t feel big though, I was concerned that I’d made a mistake in going 29+ over B+ but I feel quite the opposite now.

Also very happy owner, but it does throw up one problem for me, it was going to be my singlespeeder but I think I’m going to have to gear it to take advantage of the momentum it can carry through the rough and round the corners…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d say it was as good a reason to have it singlespeed Clobber, much like 29 was ideal for carrying momentum + goes that bit further. Even though I’m geared if I had to singlespeed anything it’d be the Rooster.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Got any pics Clobber?

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ll have to sort some out…

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Are those Mary Bars MTQG?

zezaskar
    Free Member

Had no idea the Rooster fork had the cage mounts.
    I’m really interested now…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

You better be quick, hardly any left and no more will be made(or at least very unlikely). Had a few more rides now and it really is excellent, get one while you can.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I’ll try, just sent Sam an email.

Why no more being made?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

that yellow one up there was a winner, then i saw the barends

im not sure barends are what surly had in mind when they invented 29+

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ll admit carrying off bar ends these days is no easy task, but the Rooster is going to be my Puffer bike and the bar ends are staying. In fact for anything other than full on downhill barney its hard to see past them! That and the fact I’m a retrogrouch.

Are those Mary Bars MTQG?

Sorry, I missed this two weeks ago. No, they are Nukeproof. The bars and stem came up on offer somewhere while I was waiting for the frame.
    They were yellow, so I bought them. 🙂

zezaskar
    Free Member

Managed to grab the LAST size L blue Rooster!

If anyone’s interested on a great condition Surly Ogre frameset, let me know

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Right my build is nearly finished and I’m itching to get out on it but am having trouble with the front mech!

I have a band mounted mech but can’t get clearance in the smaller ring, does it only work with a direct mount front mech?

Must admit that I wish I’d gone for the carry anything front forks 🙁

zezaskar
    Free Member

Hi guys,

What stem lengths are you running on yours?
    I run a 90mm one on my L Ogre, ordered a 60mm one for the Rooster.
    Gone too short?
    Thanks

zezaskar
    Free Member

Here it is:

Received the 60mm stem, Thomson X4.
    Unfortunately only realized now that the 60mm version is a square ugly thing, like a DH stem….

zezaskar
    Free Member

Here it is:

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Rooster builds’ is closed to new replies.