• This topic has 134 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • Rooster – anyone had any updates?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Neither why not ask Michael http://www.traversbikes.com/

Rorschach
    Free Member

cba

sillyoldman

BB looks really tall. That’s what I don’t like about the Krampus, and that looks taller still. The Rooster geometry looks spot on for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

sillyoldman – Member

BB looks really tall. That’s what I don’t like about the Krampus, and that looks taller still. The Rooster geometry looks spot on for me.

It’s about as tall off the ground as most other bikes with 29″ wheels,
    as for the overall size, I’m only 5’8″ with a 31″ inside leg and this is the large frame, fits me perfectly for long rides.

munded

No Ti needed for us Sheffield residents, only the real stuff.
    Not heard back from Sam or anyone on here. Would really like to know the update, even if it’s just learn more patience for a few months.

Steel fork is all I need, especially today when my Rockshox won’t fit anything bigger than 2.2 in front.

Sanny
    Free Member

So is anyone thinking of selling their stake for a large Rooster?

peanut
    Free Member

^ Sanny, ygm

scotroutes

JohnClimber – Member

sillyoldman – Member

It’s about as tall off the ground as most other bikes with 29″ wheels,
    as for the overall size, I’m only 5’8″ with a 31″ inside leg and this is the large frame, fits me perfectly for long rides.[/quote]Hmm. Still looks “awkward” to me, hence my interest in B+.

Just wondering if anything’s happened in the past two months and I missed it…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Not really, nothing concrete afaict.

Clobber
    Free Member

Last update was 7th April and said that they should be landing by the end of next month all being well.

OK thanks. I bought Riddoch’s pledge off him and it looks like Sam hasn’t added me to the email update list, so I wondered if I’d missed anything.

munded

I’m being missed off email updates too. So to confirm end of May latest date?

teacake
    Free Member

End of May – Yarp.

I just hope it arrives before our baby does – early July!

ssboggy

2017 is Year of the Rooster 😉

munded

Cheers Teacake. Not in time for WRT this weekend, but hopefully some summer bikepacking fun.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

End of May would that mean that they are on the boat just now?

Rorschach
    Free Member

If I start saving now I’ll be able to afford a Buzzard mk2 when they come out in 18 months time 😉

Andy

Hmm its been a long wait….. 🙁

stevemorg2

Certainly has -13 months since I paid for it!

Tiger6791

Think I’d be asking for my money back and interest Steve.

stevemorg2

Yep – I could buy a Genesis then! Enjoy it on the WRT!

brianp
    Free Member

Just checked with Sam, and he confirms things are sorted and he is just waiting for the shipping date.

munded

Anyone heard anything? I know i’m missed off updates is all. Anyone know if we’re waiting for a shipping date from Factory still, or being despatched from UK?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Nothing afaik, I mailed him on Wednesday about my rims for the Rooster and haven’t heard anything back.

stevemorg2

Email off Sam yesterday – update due this weekend – why does that make me think I may not be getting the Rooster this month?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Did anyone get an email.

Dr-Strange-Love
    Free Member

Sadly no – but fully expect another dirty great dollop of disappointment.

stevemorg2

No weekend update – looks like I’m not getting the Rooster before the end of May!

brianp
    Free Member

Just received an update from Sam. Frames are leaving Taiwan this week. Did think that they could not be here by end May if no notice of shipping had been sent.

To be honest I am just glad Sam has managed to work through this and that it does look like a frame will arrive at my home before too long.

Brian

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Does it mention a time frame?

trout
    Free Member

Just received an update from Sam. Frames are leaving Taiwan this week. Did think that they could not be here by end May if no notice of shipping had been sent.

Well if its on the same boat used to ship the Puffins it will make a 27 day journey last for over 60 days.

rOcKeTdOg

I do feel for you lot & for Sam, it’s daft that I bought a carbon frame from Taiwan & it took a total of 5 days from order to delivery to my door.

I’m sure it’ll be all worth it in the end

thegreatape
    Free Member

Was this a kick starter or similar?

Did you know from the start that there was no real way to know when you’d get your bike, or has this been a series of broken promises (for want of a better phrase)?

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

OK so does anybody know what size seat collar the rooster will need? The diagrams on the kickstarter site seem to suggest 30mm…..

JoeG
    Free Member

Schedule has slipped – repeatedly. Launched March 2014, funded (supporters paid in advance) in April 2014. Original delivery date was late August to September 2014. As above, frames haven’t left Taiwan yet!

Updates have been few and far between…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1471361938/singular-rooster-29-bicycle?ref=discovery

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Update from Sam today (29 June 2015):

“They are on the boat, should be landing in two weeks.”

stevemorg2

so – with the buyers by end of July?

adsh
    Free Member

Website makes it look as if there’s stock. Would love one but is it possible to have an EBB that is consistently creek free without heaps of TLC?

drofluf
    Free Member

If it’s got the same EBB as the other Singulars then it does. Mine have all been trouble (and creak) free. I’ve only needed to adjust when changing the chain if I’m running singlespeed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Rooster – anyone had any updates?’ is closed to new replies.