• This topic has 134 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Rooster – anyone had any updates?
  • stevemorg2

Not heard anything since before Christmas when “in the New Year” was mentioned – have emailed Sam but have had no response – anyone else heard anything?

myopic
    Free Member

No, nothing since then

munded

Nope but keep searching on here for Rooster and this is first thing to come up in a while…

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Nope.

Checked when I paid and it was back in April 2014.

Hey ho!

cokie

Sam should have called it the Cockatrice!

eddie11
    Free Member

…comes back from googling cockatrice. i get it now. 🙂

i have wondered this op and nope.

stevemorg2

Yep – I paid in April as well – am really starting to regret the whole thing!

brant
    Free Member

Did you pay, or did you pledge on Kickstarter?

stevemorg2

Paid the £400 once the kickstarted reached the required number

Clobber
    Free Member

he sent a message 4th Dec

Hi all,

I was hoping that about now I would be emailing you with details of shipping your Roosters to you. Sadly some major issues have come up in production which are taking some time to resolve. Fortunately they were identified before frames went to paint and I’m hoping can be quickly resolved. However it is not going to be until the new year that we see any frames here. I’m really sorry about this and can assure you it’s proving extremely frustrating and difficult for me, as it is for you.

I will be sure to keep you up to date with any further news as I have it.

My apologies again.

He then gave an offer for rooster backers of 35% off any frame he has in stock on the 5th Dec

stevemorg2

That’s the last I heard from Sam but it’s now the new year so I was hoping for some news! 35% off a new frame is great if you’ve got the money and want a new frame but my money is tied up in the Rooster so it’s not a lot of use to me!

Clobber
    Free Member

I wish mine was here also, but there aren’t any muddy tyres around in 29+ at the moment… so don’t know what I’d stick on it 29+ wise anyway

cokie

Maxxis Chronicle is very capable. Different league to the Knard.
    Do we think that Sam’s margin is 35%? Not bad!

swavis

This all sounds very familiar. I remember how frustrating it was waiting for my Puffin, it’s certainly put me off doing anything similar in the future.

Hope you all get some news soon.

nedrapier

Do we think that Sam’s margin is 35%? Not bad!

I don’t know what I’d need to make designing and selling frames in relatively short numbers my sole/main source of income. Any ideas?

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

Yup still waiting! Big pile of parts still waiting in the shed 🙁

munded

While frustrating, it’s also vanguard territory of latest thing with Chronicles and decent tyres only just coming into the country now and Stans Hugo rims arriving March time so patience is required for quite a few things about this project for me. I’ve wondered what mistake or otherwise happened with the frames (too few bosses? chainring clearance?), but also doubt Sam can say much more than they’re still in Taiwan, and sorry again. A weekly update of this state of things wouldn’t be that useful, but just trust he’ll keep us posted when he knows more. Want to get my bikepack on…

vinnyeh

A brief statement of what’s gone wrong and why would help, rather than just ‘delayed’

cokie

Once a month would seem like a reasonable interval to contact ‘investors’ to keep them in the loop.

stevemorg2

I’m not expecting a weekly update but not having heard anything since early December when “in the new year” was mentioned is a little frustrating!

boltonjon

Had fun waiting for my Puffin last year – well worth the wait 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

What I find interesting is that Sam has brought a fair number of frames to market yet the two he has done through the free mezzanine financing which is kick starter have been significantly delayed over the original forecast delivery. So has he just been unfortunate or does the process generally take as long as it is doing with the puffin and rooster for a small manufacturer but he doesn’t want to put that up front as he’s unlikely to get backing for a frame that’s a year away from delivery.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Did you pay, or did you pledge on Kickstarter?

What’s your point Brant?

Some pertinent stuff from Kickstarter’s FAQs

What should creators do if they’re having problems completing their project?

If problems come up, creators are expected to post a project update explaining the situation. Sharing the story, speed bumps and all, is crucial. Most backers support projects because they want to see something happen and they’d like to be a part of it. Creators who are honest and transparent will usually find backers to be understanding.

It’s not uncommon for things to take longer than expected. Sometimes the execution of the project proves more difficult than the creator had anticipated. If a creator is making a good faith effort to complete their project and is transparent about it, backers should do their best to be patient and understanding while demanding continued accountability from the creator.

If the problems are severe enough that the creator can’t fulfill their project, creators need to find a resolution. Steps should include offering refunds, detailing exactly how funds were used, and other actions to satisfy backers. For more information, see Section 4 of our Terms of Use.

For projects that launched before October 19, 2014, please see our previous Terms of Use.

What is a creator obligated to do once their project is funded?

When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers. At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. If a creator is absolutely unable to complete the project and fulfill rewards, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to a satisfying conclusion for their backers. For more information, see Section 4 of our Terms of Use.

For projects that launched before October 19, 2014, please see our previous Terms of Use.

I wish Sam all the best and hope he manages to get everything sorted. If I was concerned I’d email him about it but generally I’m not. It’ll always take a while and if previous performance is anything to go by the Puffins took an age but were well built and well received once they arrived.

I admit I do find myself now regretting that I have at least £600 tied up in a frame and rear wheel, plus the future promise of a rim and pair of Chronicles. However, that is my choice and more to do with other commitments that came up after (way after) I pledged. So, that’s not Sam’s problem and is more “wisdom in hindsight” than anything else. Otherwise I’m still waiting patiently.

I agree with many comments earlier about updates. They need to be at least once a month and be as”warts and all” as possible. I’m a grown up and can take bad news with the good. I can understand if Sam is reluctant to do so because of the histrionics and bollocks common to this forum and the internet in general. I suspect that amongst everything else Sam is probably doing updates are at the bottom of his list. Also, I suspect, there’ll always be a reluctance about being completely open. Business reputations have many facets and the dreaded internet and its occupants act against this quite often IMO.

Anyhoo, fingers crossed it’ll all get sorted in the not too distant future and the bike’ll be great.

😎

ASC
    Free Member

I’d pencilled this for a Spring 2015 build so at this point I’m quite relaxed. I’m lucky to have a couple of bike options in the meantime though, but can understand backers frustrations. I agree with the idea of a real world warts an all monthly update. I’m sure it will be more than worth the wait 🙂 feeling excited

cokie

* Awaits imminent email update *

These threads always seem to kick Sam into gear.
    Just looking through the Puffin thread and previous Rooster thread. Once a certain number moan or there’s a new thread, an email usual follows shortly afterwards.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Bump, anything yet?

beerbiker
    Free Member

Got an update today – It wasn’t good reading ! Where do we go from here ? It might not be good for Sam but it’s far from ideal for us folk that parted with their money 🙁

myopic
    Free Member

I don’t think that is too helpful, beerbiker.

FWIW, where I am going to go from here is to trust Sam to manage the investment as he re-iterated he would, and deliver what he has again promised he would. (and post reported)

vinnyeh

cba.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

CBA, either.

munded

Can we get a copy and paste for those backers who’ve dropped off email list for updates please?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

“And post reported” – am I reading that right, you’ve reported someone’s post because they are chasing something up they paid for ages ago and haven’t had yet? What’s all that about then, or am I missing the point?

eddie11
    Free Member

who’ve dropped off email list for updates please?

nice try 😆

munded

eddie11

No I really did back on kickstarter, not frameset but fork only option. Seeing as they’re clearly going to arrive in same shipment as frames I just want to know the update. I’ve exchanged individual emails with sam, but missed off the list somehow.

edit – just seen i said this a month ago too and you replied then too!
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singular-29-on-kickstarter-but-not-on-singular-site-how-does-that-work/page/2

Northwind

I did a crowdfund for an album one time, and tbh after a year of relentless updates, I wish they’d put Sam in charge.

munded

BUMP – oh go on, someone tell me the latest update. I just want 3inch tyres and anything cages in my life. If not happy to paste for some reason, email in profile…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

munded – Member
    BUMP – oh go on, someone tell me the latest update. I just want 3inch tyres and anything cages in my life. If not happy to paste for some reason, email in profile…

What you need is a bit of Titanium in your life as well

Rorschach
    Free Member

Kingdom?
    Travers? (says on fork)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Travers Rudy Fat (for gears)
    Travers Angus (for SS or geared hub)
    Forks now have bolt holes for anything cages.

It’s a fantastic long haul xc bike with a C17 brooks saddle and Jones H bars it just eats up the miles and great for bikepacking as well

Rorschach
    Free Member

Are they Walty or Xacd?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Rooster – anyone had any updates?’ is closed to new replies.