Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Rooney elbowing….ouch.
  • rockhopper70

Just on MOTD2 now. Cromer.

brakes
    Free Member

obstruction
    retaliation
    handbags

matchstick
    Free Member

He wants everyone to have ears like? him. 😆

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuGO85oBaFo

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Blatant red, how it could be anything else I don’t know.

rockhopper70

Cromer. ??????
    That’s an iPod spell check.
    Supposed to say crikey.

samuri
    Free Member

That bloke gets paid £140k a week. And he elbows some other bloke in the ear like he’s fighting down the argyll arms at kicking out time. What a ****. Although clearly not as stupid as the people who pay his wages, i.e. anyone who pays to watch him play.

What a strange place the world is.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If I did that to somebody in the street it would be GBH. Why can some twonk kicking a ball around in a field just get a bit of red plastic shown to him before retiring for a hot bath?

PeteG55
    Free Member

Definite suspension/ban there, no questions. If the FA don’t do something about it, it’ll just prove how bent and corrupt top flight football is.

samuri
    Free Member

before retiring for a hot bath?

With at least ten other blokes (most of whom will spend a good half hour doing their hair afterwards). And yet if I stand up in a pub and loudly proclaim I have no interest in football, I will be called gay.

As I say, the world is a strange and confusing place.

rockhopper70

Is anything going to happen?
    Or is it closed case as it was dealt with by the ref?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is anything going to happen?

Will find out in the next couple of days.

MoreCashThanDash

Interesting one this – technically it was dealt with by the ref at the time, but if he didn’t see the incident fully I’m not sure if he can still go back and review it retrospectively – lots of implications for their next few games if he were to be banned.

If Rooney elbowed me on the pitch like that I’d involve the Police and start a civil action to get a share of that ridiculous wage!

nonk
    Free Member

thats the thing, it’s all about what the FA are going to do but it is actually assault.

Andituk
    Free Member

He reacted in an unacceptable way, and was very lucky to remain on the pitch.

It is, of course, being blown out of all proportion now, because of who he is and who he plays for.

singletracksurfer

fine him £5,000 – that’ll learn him 😉

portlyone

Worst thrown elbow ever, McCarthy just walked off with a sore ear.

Just a coming together, play on! 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It is, of course, being blown out of all proportion now, because of who he is and who he plays for.

He deliberately used his elbow as a weapon in a malicious attempt to harm somebody. If anything, his actions are being underplayed. Why is it acceptable just because he’s playing a game?

sefton
    Free Member

no action taken – disgusting – Rooney over hyped, bad attitude, angry t**t!

how can anyone look at that footage and decide to take no action????????????????

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On the plus side, he’s scoring loads this season!

Boom Boom!

sefton
    Free Member

what 8 goals????

GlitterGary
    Free Member

How many penalties? 😉

montylikesbeer

even as a united fan I am disgusted

singletracksurfer

ha ha that is why football is such a joke and bad example to kids – it shows that unsportsman like conduct, play acting and cheating is the way to ‘play’ the game.

To be fair McCarthy didn’t play to the ‘correct’ rules i.e. roll around on the floor clutching his head and screaming.

I think i’m right in remembering that it was also Mark Clattenburg that allowed Nani to take Tottenham’s free kick for them, into their own net! after he handled the ball. Mr C then ordered all the Tottenham players away while he spoke to the linesman (who had waved his flag), but let Rio come and listen and shout his mouth off, then awarded the goal.

Safe money on MUFC winning the league 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

It was an unprovoked physical attack. Not a tackle or anything to do with the game.

That is, strictly speaking, illegal. If anyone did that in town on a Sat night and the police saw it, they would correctly arrest him for assault. You aren’t supposed to do that.

So if the police see him doing it on the telly, why can’t they pursue it as assault?

How bad does the assault have to be before the police get involved?

Biting?

Punching?

Just how much can you hurt someone on a footy pitch and get away with it?

Could you kill someone, if the ref didn’t see it?

samuri
    Free Member

Remember when that German goalie tried to kill Battiston?

Not like a guy with the name of Schumacher to cheat is it?

singletracksurfer

I don’t think the police can be involved in an on the pitch incident.

I had someone jump 2-footed into the side of my knee when I didn’t have the ball, very badly damaging my leg, (couldn’t walk for 6 months, do any sport for nearly 2 years and still have problems). He stood over me after the ‘tackle’ and shouted abuse and said he meant to hurt me. Obviously he got sent off the pitch (and home by his coach – for his own safety too as the crowd weren’t happy) but the police were not interested, even with numerous witnesses, ref statement, etc.

If you want to injure and get away with it, do it in a game of sport, or if you need/want to use a weapon, drive a car.

binners

If you want to injure and get away with it, do it in a game of sport, or if you need/want to use a weapon, drive a car.

or combine the two:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/park-footballer-jailed-after-driving-range-rover-at-referee-2142100.html

😉

singletracksurfer

bah – he got 24 (= 12) weeks in jail.
    You can get away with it if you don’t mix them 😀

sefton
    Free Member

yeah bet half have been penalties! 😀

but hey, if the daily mirror says he’s world class who are we to argue?

Andituk
    Free Member

It was an unprovoked physical attack. Not a tackle or anything to do with the game.

Nonsense, he was running towards the ball when McCarthy deliberately ran into him to block him off. He lashed out with his arm which is unexcusable and deserved a red card, but people are making out as if he ran over and hit him for no reason, not true.

LapSteel
    Free Member

I think it was a clear case of Earing. McCarthy blatantly tried to Ear Rooney and Wayne merely put up his elbow in self defence 😉

spacemonkey

even as a united fan I am disgusted

Same here.

Also pissed off with SAF’s comments too – sometimes he goes too far when defending his own.

And how the hell Twattenberg believes he dealt correctly with the incident at the time is beyond me.

And the FA laws that “condone” this are shit as well. Will Carling was right all those years ago ref the RFU – the same applies clearly to the FA (and the ECB given recent debacles, i.e. Stanford, fixture pile ups etc)

higgo
    Free Member

I had someone jump 2-footed into the side of my knee when I didn’t have the ball, very badly damaging my leg, (couldn’t walk for 6 months, do any sport for nearly 2 years and still have problems). He stood over me after the ‘tackle’ and shouted abuse and said he meant to hurt me.

You are Alf-Inge Haaland and I claim my £5.

The Rooney elbow ‘scandal’ is a joke – McCarthy tried to get in his way and got a clip round the ear for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

sefton
    Free Member

basicaly he’s no where near the player people clam he is! 😈 😛

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Rooney elbowing….ouch.’ is closed to new replies.