Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rim tape for Stan's Arch Ex 29 rims?
  • kevin1911

I seem to be having no end of bother with one of my Stan’s Arch Ex 29 rims. None of the Stan’s tape I have seems to stick to the rim. I think some sealant must have got onto the rim, and no matter how much I clean and scrub, the rim still seems quicker slippy and slimey. I’ve got gorilla tape and that seems to be sticking better, but it’s slightly too wide, so is covering the bit of the rim that the tyre bead should sit on. Can’t decide if I’m best to take a scalpel to the rim to trim off the excess tape or try something else. anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

km79
    Free Member

I used a roll of duct tape which was wider than I needed. I just trimmed it to size whilst still on the roll using a Stanley knife.

kevin1911

Hmmm, that would be easier wouldn’t it!

mark_rich
    Free Member

Gorilla tape failed on mine, sealant got under the edge, I think it was too wide and under the tyre bed and was damaged when swopping tyres. Also it was a nightmare to get off the remaining well stuck bits as it left all the glue behind.
    Next I tried decent quality electrical insulation tape, just keep going round until you cover as wide as you need, I’d say minimum of 3 layers over spoke holes, a year later, numerous tyres changes and no issues! Fraction of the price of gorilla tape too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rim tape for Stan's Arch Ex 29 rims?’ is closed to new replies.