Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Room for rent in Glasgow – awesome apartment
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I’m currently living in an apartment which is far too big/expensive for me to justify continuing to live there on my own. After trying to find someone I know to rent a room, I’ve given up.

I don’t really want to advertise on gumtree etc in case I end up with a complete oddball, so I thought I would try looking for an oddball that at least likes mountain biking 🙂

If you, or anyone you know (who is relatively normal), is looking for a room for short/medium term, I’d be grateful if you could pass on my details.

I am at the stage now where I am considering moving out to save money, but really don’t want to leave the apartment, which is one of the best I’ve come across in Glasgow.

It’s 2 floors of a corner townhouse on Blythswood Sq in Glasgow. It’s the only residential property on the Sq as far as i’m aware, so it’s a pretty unique property.

In summary:

Huge lounge with enormous windows overlooking Blythswood Sq, 50″ plasma TV, built in Linn surround sound, Xbox 360, streaming Sky/Lovefilm etc, Spotify Premium

Large separate kitchen with all the mod cons and a large island (not an actual island, like Richard Branson’s though).

Upstairs toilet and large storage cupboard.

Huge entrance hall and cool open plan staircase.

I also have a large utility room which has a washing machine and tumble dryer, but is plenty big enough for keeping bikes, drying camping kit etc.

2 double bedrooms downstairs (one is mine, the other is for rent), it’s furnished.

I’ve turned the 3rd double bedroom into a “cinema type room” which has a two seater sofa looking onto a 12ft projector wall, which is hooked up to another xbox 360 and surround sound. My favourite room in the house, it’s amazing for watching movies and playing BF3 etc 🙂 It’s completly blacked out, but there are some french doors which lead out onto a basement level outside area (good for cleaning bikes etc), which is pretty unique in the city centre.

The downstairs bathroom is huge and has separate bath and shower.

You really need to see it to appreciate what this place is like. I’d rather not put pictures up, if you’re interested, pop round for a coffee instead 🙂

The only downside is that you’d be living right in town, so it can be noisy at the weekend. So if you are currently living out in the sticks, you will notice it.

As for me, i’m pretty normal. 30 year old lawyer, work a lot through the week, away most weekends and then spend a fair bit of time working abroad.

Money – negotiable. It’s difficult to put a price on it because there isn’t much on the market to compare it to. I’d need to do the maths re bills etc, but I’d be looking for somewhere around £400 for the room, excluding bills.

I need someone who isn’t a reprobate. This flat isn’t even available on the market, it is rented to me by the 5* hotel next door, where I lived for 7 months last year. I would be your landlord (you would be sub-letting the room from me). More than happy to do a 1 month trial or similar to see if you like the place etc.

Not fussy as to gender/age.

Email in profile.

(wondering how this thread may be turned into some sort of argument/flaming…seems to be pretty neutral at the moment, so holding out a bit of hope it stays that way 😉 )

geoffj

You should do one of those twatty Edinburgh flat mate interview things 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6pGBNpkV0[/video]

peterfile
    Free Member

ha ha, screw that. If you don’t look like the type of person that will stand over me while i’m sleeping, you get the room 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

bump for those who may be comtemplating divorce or a change in scenery 🙂

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

No pics? You’ve disappointed the Kirsty Allsop in me

wwaswas

I would be your landlord (you would be sub-letting the room from me)

[not trying to start an argument]

isn’t subletting specifically excluded by the terms of your lease?

if they find out you and your new tenant could both be out on your ears.

[/not trying to start an argument]

scaled
    Free Member

Well i’m sold, unfortunatly I’m after that in Manchester

woody2000

Nice advert to potential scrotes looking for an easy target. Only residential property in Blythswood Sq, full of expensive gear etc – shouldn’t be too hard to find….

Just saying like….. 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

[not trying to start an argument]

isn’t subletting specifically excluded by the terms of your lease?

if they find out you and your new tenant could both be out on your ears.

[/not trying to start an argument]

I drafted the lease 🙂 Sub-letting was specifically agreed with the landlord, which was their preferred position.

Nice advert to potential scrotes looking for an easy target.

Good luck to them. The place is covered in almost floor to ceiling windows, the wall mounted plasmas are particularly easy to spot, but **** knows how they would get to them! Although, I gather some of them are quite crafty, so insurance should cover the worst 🙂

But yeah, I see your point!

ourmaninthenorth

30 yo lawyer living beyond his means shocker.

(We’ve all been there – thinking we’re rich when we’re not. Sounds like a nice place, even if it is in Glasgow 😉 )

peterfile
    Free Member

30 yo lawyer living beyond his means shocker.

ha ha, not really, I’m living in Scotland on a London lawyer salary!

Just realised I could have an extra $$$ in my pocket for things more enjoyable than a massive house I rarely even spend any time in.

Seemed like a great idea at the time, but now I’ve totalled up how much living there has cost me, it seems wasteful.

BoardinBob

Sounds brilliant and 30 seconds from my office. Don’t think the wife would be too pleased though.

warton
    Free Member

If I didn’t have a wife, child and mortgage in Newcastle I’d be on the first train up there. sounds like a great flat!

EDIT: actually, **** it, I’ll be on the 2 O’Clock from Newcastle

zokes
    Free Member

We’ve all been there – thinking we’re rich when we’re not

I feel your pain…

peterfile
    Free Member

Sounds brilliant and 30 seconds from my office. Don’t think the wife would be too pleased though.

Email me where you work Bob, you can swing by and watch Seasons in the cinema room on your lunch break. 🙂

BoardinBob

That sounds infinitely better than the 15 minutes of quota time I’m allowed on youtube at lunchtime.

peterfile
    Free Member

Warton…i’ve stuck a couple of beers in the fridge. See you in a few hours 😉

Clobber
    Free Member

Is there a Mrs Peterfile living there too?

bigyinn
    Free Member

She’s in the tent on the roof.

peterfile
    Free Member

ha ha! No, she has her own house in the southside 🙂

GHill

Sounds awesome, if only it was in Milngavie 😉

And I didn’t have a wife and kid.

peterfile
    Free Member

I was actually looking for places in Milngavie. Not too many come up for rent though, plus it’s a heck of a taxi ride back from town on a Friday night 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Is there a Mrs Peterfile living there too?

I’m shocked that it took 2 full days for someone to ask that!

BruceWee

I was interested but then I remembered you saying the self employed night workers don’t work there anymore so I’m out 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

No need to rent a room anymore…I’m downsizing.

Moving to the slums of…….Park Circus 🙂

So next question – what wood for a wood fire? Do I need a mixture of soft and hard wood? Actually, I’ll start a thread, you guys seem to love wood on here 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Room for rent in Glasgow – awesome apartment’ is closed to new replies.