Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rooley Moor wind farm
  • ratherbeintobago

Leaflet from Coronation Power came through the door today, about their plan for a wind farm on Rooley Moor, which will straddle RMR.

Anyone any thoughts?

ratherbeintobago

Rossendale Council scoping report suggests it’ll destroy Rooley Moor Road. Wasn’t the unsuitability of RMR for heavy vehicles one of the concerns about Ding Quarry?

stumpyjon

It’s firmly on PMBA’s agenda. We responded to the previous ‘consultation’ expressing serious concerns over the impact to the MTL and quarries link. We’re also concerned the kickbacks (ie the community money) gets spent more appropriately this time. RBC is also fully aware. There’s actually a fight going on in the back ground between Coronation Power and Peel Holdings who have a rival scheme.

ratherbeintobago

There’s actually a fight going on in the back ground between Coronation Power and Peel Holdings who have a rival scheme.

Yes, I saw that when trying to dredge up more info. Doesn’t the Peel Holdings scheme also threaten the MTL?

I also assume they’ll be legally obliged to maintain the ROW approximately where RMR is?

ratherbeintobago

I’ve tried to contact Coronation Power to ask them to clarify the impact of their proposals on the ROW across Rooley Moor; their email address bounces back :-/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rooley Moor wind farm’ is closed to new replies.