Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Roofer recommendation.
  • bellys
    Free Member

Can any body recommend a roofer in the manchester area. We have got a cpl of slates slipped and one missing also there is a small leak on the bay roof.

Thanks

samuri
    Free Member

I see you’ve asked on twitter too and I’ve asked there where you are. I know a great roofer in leigh but you might be too far away for him if it’s not a big job.

Garry_Lager

Had a roofer round today in Manc – chimney took a battering in the recent winds. Tall house – roof must be 15 m to the top – bloke laid his ladder up against the roof (buttressed against the wheel of his van), climbed up about 2 m, then bottled it and climbed back down!
    Says he’s sending his mate round tomorrow morning who ‘can get up anything’. Not sure if this is a good thing tbh – surely the ladder access is either safe or not safe?

Anyhow, if he shows up tomorrow and sorts the chimney then I’ll be all for recommending him.

bellys
    Free Member

Samuri I did reply to you on twitter today. In case you did not see it, I live in reddish stockport.

Thanks

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, saw that earlier. I just checked and he told me that’s a bit far for him to go, sorry.

bellys
    Free Member

Ok mate thanks for your help.

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

Garry a word of warning If the guys gonna risk his life to do a small repair
    then you might think great he’s gonna get the job done with minimal cost.
    One word of warning if you let him try then you are responsible for him you
    are classed as his employer, if he comes down and god forbid hes dead, its
    corporate manslaughter,
    Is it really worth it for the cost of a scaffold.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Roofer recommendation.’ is closed to new replies.