Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Roofer or gas engineer?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Basically I have no idea when it comes to houses, recently moved in to our new home, when we get heavy rain we get a water leak from the gas flue, looks like they used a flash band to seal it and it should be lead flashing?

It looks like water builds up on the roof behind the flue then gradually leaks into the house. it causes a a small puddle, at first we thought it was the washing machine but that was off today!

bruneep

roofer with experience of fitting slate pieces

could be rubber seal you are seeing such as

LMT
    Free Member

Ours doesn’t look as neat as that at all, it’s got grey flashing tape going all over the place.

bruneep

pic?

jimbobo
    Free Member

Thats a right mess! Yeah, roofer will seal it up and make it tidy.

bruneep

thats shocking, get a roofer to fix.

Not that hard to do yourself if you’re up to it.

LMT
    Free Member

Cheers! Just wanted to check before making an idiot of myself, it’s all good on the Internet!! Any idea what ball park cost I’m looking at?

bruneep

no comeback on sellers of house?

might not need new flashing roofer might be able to sort tiles out until the flashband is taken off hard to say what its covering up.

LMT
    Free Member

He was the gas fitter who fitted it, they moved to Ireland we have tried contact over another issue but as yet unable to contact get a reply. That’s through our solicitors tbh wouldn’t want him messing with it, we do have the certificate and guarentee for the boiler, might try ringing the company on that.

chickenman

The rubber is hard against the row of tiles above forming a dam and the flashing doesn’t extend far enough under where the tiles above meet to cope with this. The tiles above need their corners trimmed away to be well clear of the rubber collar.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Roofer or gas engineer?’ is closed to new replies.