Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • roofboxes on ford focus !
  • voodoo_chile

anyone use one for family camping and what size and what bars etc
    not got a clue never used a roof rack/bars and box so looking for good advice

thanks in advance

j_me
    Free Member

We used an Exodus 360 L., gives you approx 65% of your boot space
    You can get 2 bikes alongsiide

Bimbler
    Free Member

We’ve done our family camping in a focus – it’s a squeeze. We’ve got fapa (smirk) roof bars as recommended by roofbox shop and were given a box by some friends it’s only a 320L job. Given the choice just get the biggest one you can afford, bloomin expensive for 2 bits of molded plastic iirc.

voodoo_chile

bimbler ,how many in your party ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We got a Mont Blanc + the roof bars (new) off EBay for about £180. Not the best quality but do the job. Been on our car for two years and used constantly.

voodoo_chile

what size mastiles ? and what do you put in it ?

bigG
    Free Member

We hired a 400l Kamei roof box Thule bare and for a couple of weeks for our recent trip to France, managed to get two large holdalls, and a couple of boxes of stuff in it. Cost me £100.

If you’re not sure what size you need I’d strongly recommend hiring one, rather that than forking out a few hundred quid and discovering it’s not large enough.

To be honest the cost of hiring one, compared to the cost of buying the same quality of kit, makes me think I’d only ever hire in future when I consider how many times I’d actually use it. If you hire it, decide you’d use it lots then you at least know what size to buy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I honestly don’t know how many litres it is but it was the biggest they did that was suitable. I has pushchair in it all the time and will fit a large kit bag (enough for clothes for two adults + two infants) booster seats, toys etc – basically pretty big but still looks okay on the car(a Mazda 3 but obviously that is same size as the Focus as it shares the same chassis).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I honestly don’t know how many litres it is but it was the biggest they did that was suitable for the car. I has pushchair in it all the time and will fit a large kit bag (enough for clothes for two adults + two infants) booster seats, toys etc – basically pretty big but still looks okay on the car(a Mazda 3 but obviously that is same size as the Focus as it shares the same chassis).

toppers3933
    Free Member

i use a thule ranger 90 as i don’t have the space to store anything else. that got plenty in it. we managed a 6 man tent, all mod cons, me, the wife, two nephews and a dog in a focus and roof box no issues. coincidentally, I’m selling the focus roof bars if your interested.

voodoo_chile

toppers u have mail

voodoo_chile

anyone selling a roofbox and bars ?

vcnw35011@blueyonder.co.uk

Gravy
    Free Member

Voodoo Chile, I have these roof bars if your car is the correct year from 53 to 07, with all keys etc. £60. as below.

andylakes

Got a Thule Alpine ski box for sale, gives room for 1-2 bikes on the roof next to it
    email in profile,
    Andy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘roofboxes on ford focus !’ is closed to new replies.