Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roof racks
  • prezet
    Free Member

Thinking of purchasing a roof rack as my estate is getting too full of children, dogs and toys on family trips away. However I’m a little worried or damage from debris being kicked up from other cars and damaging forks etc. Has this ever happened to anyone or am I being paranoid.

Or would I be safer putting the bike on backwards so the rear tyre faces towards the front of the car?

tonyd

Paranoid.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Deffo paranoid.

Just bought an Atera Rack for my golf and I’m very impressed. Much cheaper than a Thule and the Thule Bike rack slots straight onto the grooves in the top of the bars. Easy peazy

grum
    Free Member

Be more worried about your fuel efficiency and horrible handling when it’s windy on the motorway.

timmys

Mostly paranoid.

Worst I suffer is lots of dead insects on forks/headtube/bars. On occasions brakes can be a bit squeally and lacking in bite due to road crud on rotors. Worth having some isopropanol or similar to give discs a quick wipe before riding if possible.

prezet
    Free Member

Be more worried about your fuel efficiency and horrible handling when it’s windy on the motorway.

It’s an estate. It might be an improvement!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roof racks’ is closed to new replies.