Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roof rack for Montraker Foxy
  • mlke
    Free Member

I had a bit of a Homer Simpson “Doh!” moment when I realised my roof bars won’t fit my new toy – Montraker Foxy (carbon version)

The problem being the down tube is too high for the swing arm that clamps around the tube.

Looking at the Thule site they have a through axle one which annoyingly might also require particular roof bars.

Are there any Foxy owners who recommend particular models of carrier? – ideally ones that will fit on a range of bars

ticsmon

I use the Thule 591 but my foxy is the alloy version. Not got any pics of it up there either. Not much help really am I

chrisdw
    Free Member

I use the 591 with my Vantage which is almost the same shape.

You can move all the parts around on the main bar to make it fit better. Including the lump the arm is attached to. Take it off the car and loosen everything off. Put the bike in and move it all till it fits.

mlke
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. 591 isn’t on the Thule model list at the moment.
    I might have to bike to Halfords or similar and try a few out.

benpinnick

yakima front loader. Job jobbed.

andyl
    Free Member

591 has now been superseded by the newer version (probably 592)

Should be pretty much the same to sue but a bit “better”. The clamp should go just before the BB on the down tube and sit behind the chainring.

The Thule racks should fit any type of roof rack with the correct fittings. You normally have T slot which can vary in dimensions between brands and absolutely do not bodge or the semi-circular clamps which go around the bar and are intended for the steel square ones.

iainc

the new version of the 591 is the 598. Better in many ways, a good evolution of a sound design.

andyl
    Free Member

ahh the 592 is not a car rack! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roof rack for Montraker Foxy’ is closed to new replies.