Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roof carriers that don't use the T-slots in my room bars
  • Harry_the_Spider

I need to get a set roof carriers, but I don’t want to cut the rubbers on my roof bars as I also have to use them for a roof box.

Do most roof bars “swing both ways” and allow me to clamp mount rather than use the T slot?

benpinnick

Stock answer to all roof bar questions (IMHO) – Yakima Front Loader.

roverpig

Thule racks certainly have a clamp for use with non-aero (i.e. rectangular) roof bars that clamps around the bar. Or at least they did a few months back when I last bought one. Not sure if these are recommended for aero bars or whether you need the flat top section for the carrier to rest on, but my guess is that they’d still work. At least for a while 🙂

ratherbeintobago

I just take the rubber strips out when we’re using the bike carriers. Depends if you want to use a roof box at the same time, of course.

cp

As above, cut the rubbers to size and just put them in/take the individual sections out as you need them.

ransos
    Free Member

My Thule carrier clamps round my aero bars.

Harry_the_Spider

My Thule carrier clamps round my aero bars.

Is the answer I was after!

What model?

bigG
    Free Member

My Kamei Delphin allows me to use the T slots or to clamp around my aero bars, is better built than a Thule IMHO and cost me a fraction of the cost.

Harry_the_Spider

Is the Kamei Deplphin a box or a bike carrier?

nickdavies

The Thule ones all do – the all come with t track adapters and regular clamp jobbies. Certainly my 591’s and the fork mount one I have does.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roof carriers that don't use the T-slots in my room bars’ is closed to new replies.