Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roof Bars… TALK TO ME.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Any cheaper options than the Thule ones? I don’t have ‘rails’ so can’t go with the cheapo universal fit ones. It seems I have to buy the fixing kit that attaches to the gutter on the car roof, then buy some other bits that attach to those, then some bars etc etc… I only want to occasionally move some ladders about. Seems easier to get a new car 🙂

matt_outandabout

All manufacturers now seem to run an attachment-‘leg’-bars system, so you can change cars more simply or choose the exact system you want.

Get on Gumtree and see what is there – they come up all the time, and you find some random cars share the same fittings. Find out what other cars your attachment and ‘leg’ item is shared with.

What car?

(And Thule are well worth the money over time. Having said that, I just bodged my own super wide bars to avoid paying for their ‘Pro’ bars to carry the two canoes, but used the existing feet and attachments I had)

Cougar

http://www.roofbox.co.uk

I’ll sell you some to fit a Mondeo if you like.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Get on Gumtree and see what is there – they come up all the time, and you find some random cars share the same fittings. Find out what other cars your attachment and ‘leg’ item is shared with.

What car?

Good plan. VW Polo 6N2. Thule fixing kit 3007 apparently.

I’ll sell you some to fit a Mondeo if you like.

If I don’t get it sorted I’ll buy a Mondeo and hit you up 😉

Cougar

Plan.

docstar
    Free Member

Halfords ‘exodus’ aero are Thule if that helps, I bought them for a B6 Passat and the exodus ones were £30 or £40 cheaper than Thule.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roof Bars… TALK TO ME.’ is closed to new replies.