Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Roof bars for Audi A3 3 door
  • Disco
    Free Member

I’ve just got a new car – 2006 06 reg A3 3 door, can anyone recommend roof bars to fit this, and if they have any issues with them.

I’ve still got the thule bike carriers from the last car and was hoping to use these on the new setup too.

Any advice appreciated !

Cheers,
    Stuart

Drac

I just used the Thule ones I bought for my Golf, they supposed to a different width but fit fine. 2012 A3.

Disco
    Free Member

How does it work with the rear mount – I understand it pushes into the window seal, does this cause any issues or damage to the window seal / paintwork ?

I’d probably be leaving the bars on long term.

Thanks.

mysterymove
    Free Member

i had the official Audi ones for mine and they push into between the seal and the metal work – no long term damage.

Try eBay i sold mine for about £20…

Drac

Oh just read it again, 5 door for me.

excitable1
    Free Member

Atera make all the roof bars bike racks for Skoda, Audi, VW, Seat, BMW and Mini. Buy their bars and bike carriers and they fit perfectly. Westfalia make all the tow bars too. Save yourself hundreds and buy them without the 4 rings!

crawf44
    Free Member

I bought these on EvilBay with the intention of ‘adjusting’ them to suit my van but its a bit harder than I thought – so they are back on the market if you are interested – specifically make for an A3.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-rack-for-Audi-A3-/221164489284?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=Ybx9IMZ0a%2FG6xVFIBJ1pVpOEhyo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Are they going to be used to carry an Orange Five?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

And what coffee machine do you own?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hi mate. I have an A3 5 door and use the Thule mounts and bars. very good and never had any issues. Easy to remove and put on if you dont need to use them too.

I’ve got a 3 door and occasionally use Thule bars. The front bar fits easily by clamping under the roof shell when you open the doors. The rear is a bit of a faff to fit as you have to fold down the window rubber seal, but once you’ve found the right spot on the roof to get it properly seated they are secure. I have seen the same set up done incorrectly with the rear feet just relying on the power of gravity to keep in contact with the car 😯

Disco
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, looks like there’s a few good options out there. Will need to keep an eye on fleabay.

Na, no sub 5 for me only a hardtail, and I don’t much like coffee.

Thanks,
    Stu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Roof bars for Audi A3 3 door’ is closed to new replies.