Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Roof Bars
  • samuri
    Free Member

I’m looking for some roof bars mainly for bike transportation.

I’ve spent some time looking around and Thule wingbars seem to be the ones of choice but the full kit seems rather expensive. I’m not going to use them that often but want them for when we go on holiday but I want to take my bike. If it’s just me I’ll shove the bike in the boot but with my wife, the dog, bags, maybe kids, there’s no room for that.

So I get that I can buy the Thule wingbars, fitting kit and footpack for about £140 or so, has anyone got any other, preferably cheaper, recommendations?

B8 A4 Saloon if that makes any difference.

Daffy

£140 seems quite reasonable to me. They’ll likely be worth around 60% of that when you come to move them on.

spudly1979
    Free Member

EBay is your friend here, if you hunt about you can get a full set for a lot cheaper than that. Plus if you look at the ‘normal’ square bars rather than the aero ones they’re much cheaper to get hold of. I got mine for a tenner collected iirc. Also, have a look at the 810 rack as that’s an older model so seems reasonably easy to get hold of for good price.

Harry_the_Spider

I had Atera ones on The Mighty Vectra.

Good quality, secure and silent.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Atera are excellent. Wouldn’t buy thule over them.

peterfile
    Free Member

By sheer good fortune I just picked up some excellent condition Atera bars for a B8 A4 Avant on Ebay….for £17 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

I have some (square) Thule bars from my old Skoda Octavia that might fit, if you want to check?

60% of £140 and they’re yours…

Rachel

Sandwich

What width bars does your Audi take? I have a set of older wing bars that are too narrow for the beamy Note.

Cougar

http://www.roofbox.co.uk

You’re welcome.

Cougar

Oh,

Actually, I’ve a pair of Aerobars spare. They need a bloody good clean as they’ve spent four years on the roof of my old Mondeo, and you’ll need a footpack to match your motor, but I’d part with ’em for say £50.

Kryton57

Ive done square Thule bars with a seat Alhambra footpack you can have for free if you want to pick them up from N London.

samuri
    Free Member

Ooh blimey. Thanks Chaps. I’ve decided to go new though.

I’ve looked at the roofbox site and have selected the Altera ones for £94.

Ta.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Roof Bars’ is closed to new replies.