Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rondo Ruut?
  • rOcKeTdOg
    pigyn
    Free Member

I can’t believe this just dropped off with no comments, I think they look ace. We are waiting for the NS Rag+ in the shop which is essentially the alu version minus the adjustable fork. Only found this thread as I was poking around for more pictures.

johnnystorm

Yep, I could find a home for any of those.

pigyn
    Free Member

My head says carbon, heart says steel..

The NS RAG is £1650 so the alu should be close to that.

pigyn
    Free Member

I swear there was a thread talking about the NS RAG+ but all I can find is the space c****en thing, and I ain’t givin them no lovin.

In case anyone is interested, I now have about 100km of mixed tarmac/singletrack/gravel/rock gardens on my RAG and it’s ace. Riding it totally stock after a wee tubeless setup. The 42/42 is a bit steep for the more mountain bike type terrain but suits the gravelly things perfectly. Very much just a lovely evolution of the Pro6 it replaced.

On the magic other thread people were talking about it not having mudguard mounts, it does. Front and rear full length mudguard mounts, just on the inside where you can’t see them.

The rag is the same as the alu Rutt, so bring on the carbon version!

pigyn
    Free Member

Just in case anyone is interested, we went to see the new Rondos on Tuesday and now have UK pricing:

Rondo Bikes

They look really nice, all three frame materials seem great and bring something different to the table. Alu is a neater version of the NS Rag with improved cable routing, the steel has anything cage mounts on the down tube and is one of the first steel/carbon fork combos that looks really good, however the round tubing reduces tyre clearance a little. You can still run a 700x42ish and a 27.5×2.1. The carbon version is very neat in person, the kinked top tube looks great and gives loads of room for frame bags. Plus is has MASSIVE tyre clearance, with a think 700×57! or 27.5×2.2 possibly more. Could easily be run with XC 29er tyres, 2.1/2.2ish.

Anyone want to buy my medium RAG+ so I can get a CF2??

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

iCycles in Innerleithen had a demo day earlier in the week.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

@pigyn, how much for the RajPlus?

pigyn
    Free Member

£1099, as stock except tubeless conversion and upgraded bar tape. Few months use in dry weather, as new condition!

Yeah I saw that icycles bagged one of the few demo bikes yesterday, our days off didn’t line up 🙁

sok

I went over to Poland last weekend to cover the launch for Grit.cx
    My report should be live this evening, but in the meantime I shall whet your appetite with these

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XnXc4H]Ruut[/url] by Sokster_, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/W75JjN]Skids[/url] by Sokster_, on Flickr

ElShalimo

What’s the build spec on the Alu version?

ElShalimo

What’s the build spec on the Alu version?

jonnyrockymountain

I’m just in process with my LBS building up an NS rag+ and he has just been to see about stocking the Rondo’s, so I’ll keep anyone informed, it’s earnshaws cycles in Huddersfield, he saw the Carbon one and said it’s lovely and about £1700 for frame n forks

pigyn
    Free Member

Spec on the alu version is pretty much the same as the RAG+ stock build, couple of small changes.

Yes, I poked them about frameset prices as well and got £999 for steel and £1700 for carbon but they will lag a fair bit behind the full bikes based on past experience with NS.

sok

The First Ride review is up on Grit.cx
    Spoiler alert: it’s ace, especially the carbon one,

rOcKeTdOg

is the Alu bike available as a frameset?

sok

@Rocket – when I went out to the launch last year Rondo said it was just the carbon and steel versions that would be available as a frameset and this hadn’t changed when I wrote the full review a couple of months back.

Having said that, looking at the Hotlines website there seem to only be full bikes available.

The NS RAG is the same geometry though and that’s available as a frame only so could be what you’re looking for.

scruff
    Free Member

I had the last RAG frameset from CRC a few months ago. I like it, fork disc mounts a bit wonky though.

funkmasterp

<enter stealth ad mode> there’s a NS RAG+ on the classifieds and I believe the owner might lower the price slightly as he has his eyes on a new bike <end stealth ad mode>

rOcKeTdOg

Too medium for me

beagle
    Free Member

Funkmasterp / been watching your thread. Lovely bike. Just out together a new drop bar bike though.

out of interest – what’s your LBS ? You’re in macc no?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rondo Ruut?’ is closed to new replies.