Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ronde van doodah – nobody watch it ? (spoilers within)
  • scaredypants

(tried tio search but only found loads of folk who rode the route)

watched last night on sky+ – bloody amazing

sagan’s good, but bugger me if old sportacus didn’t crank up his hidden leccy motor again 😯

ton

just watched it. Cancellara was very good wasn’t he…….;o)

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m engaged in a full on internet warrior battle galore over on Bike Radar about Sagan pinching that girls arse 🙂 I really need to sort my life out!

scaredypants

ah, thanks leffeboy – thought it was odd that nobody commented
    (searched for doodah; came up with nothing)

rOcKeTdOg

warton
    Free Member

it was good, but it misses the muur. there was 15k of racing yesterday, the old route kicks off at about 80k to go.

scaredypants

I’m not a connoisseur by any means but pretty much all pro bike races are just too long IMO. 1st half is almost always just survival and energy conservation and the second is admittedly often great racing but between exhausted riders. Seems to me that the “pull” of biggish towns for start and finish mean that there’s a stretch of nothing in there nearly every time.

150km max, when I’m in charge of the UCI

rOcKeTdOg

1st half is almost always just survival and energy conservation and the second is admittedly often great racing but between exhausted riders.

that’s why it’s a team sport and the fittest usually win, 150k is too easy!

scaredypants

meh, I’d rather watch them all racing balls-out up those climbs in a 150k race – at least sometimes

tang
    Free Member

Agreed, old route much better.

Marge
    Free Member

I thought it was an awesome race. RadioShack Leopard controlled the race about as much as possible for a Vlaamse classic. First hour was 49 kph, second was 46kph.
    Devolder managed to pull the peloton along for a 10km stretch on his own approaching the final loop, despite having recently punctured and having to chase back.
    Brilliant tactics by Roelandts to get in a position where he had a small chance, Kwiatkowski showed his great potential with a long shot attack and we saw the 2 favourites battle it out head to head…
    Maybe I watched a different race…. 🙂

scaredypants

Brilliant tactics by Roelandts to get in a position where he had a small chance,

in the last, what, 50km ?

Kwiatkowski showed his great potential with a long shot attack

in the last 30-40 ?

and we saw the 2 favourites battle it out head to head

for about 3km during the last 20

Maybe I watched a different race

Well, I’ll give you your point about RSLeopard, but that wasn’t a highlight in my book

warton
    Free Member

compared to when I stood on the muur and watched the climax of a race which had been constant attacking and counter attack, watching Canch attack twice and win was a bit of an anticlimax, but maybe I’m spoilt.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIfV-JaeUUs[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ronde van doodah – nobody watch it ? (spoilers within)’ is closed to new replies.