Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Romic shock springs
  • granny_ring

What weight spring for 13 stone rider can I use any make of spring?

My shock is 190 x 50

Thanks in advance

midlifecrashes

Thought it would depend on the leverage ratio of the bike design. So 50mm of shock travel on a 200mm travel bike would need a different spring to a 100mm bike. I think I have a 500 or 550 sitting around from a Romic, originally from a Turner 5spot HL. As for what type to use, no, they are not all standard sizes internally. MTBR forums are good for this sort of thing, there will be a chart somewhere.

granny_ring

midlifecrashes, it’s for my HL 5 spot at the mo its got an rp23 fitted but want to try the romic at some point but the ti spring fitted at the mo is for a lighter weight I think.
    Is the spring you’ve got for the weight I’m after? If so thanks for the offer.
    I’ll have a look on mtbr as well.
    Cheers
    Andy

midlifecrashes

It’s in the ballpark, according to the spring calculators on Mojo and Tftuned. I found it was probably one spring too light for me at fourteen and a bit stone, but lived with it for a while as it came on the bike and I knew I was going to switch to the RP23 when one came along. Anyway the Romic has seized since I took it off so it’s no good to me now. If you want to give it a go, email me your address and give STW a contribution and I’ll send it over. Oh, it’s a 550 shock, red so you go faster!

E-Mail in profile

PJM1974
    Free Member

Sorry to go offtopic, but I’ve got a Romic knocking about in the garage somewhere.

Who services them these days?

toys19
    Free Member

tf told me they would service it if I could get the parts. I emailed romic and they will supply the parts, from across the pond.

granny_ring

Midlife ygm thanks

Toys, that’s useful to know. Would it be the case of sending the shock to TF then seeing what they say is needed or is there a standard service kit from Romic?

Gee76
    Free Member

Granny Ring, what spring do you have at the moment?, I may be interested. Looking for a 400-450lb (put on a bit over crimbo!!) x 2.25″ stroke if you maight wanna sell it?

granny_ring

Gee76, not sure I can help you there. Shock is in the parts box at the mo, not sure exactly on the rating on the Ti spring as there’s no markings but from memory of what the previous owner said it might just about be ok for me when I’ve lost the weight….sorry.

Gee76
    Free Member

No worries, ta anyway.

toys19
    Free Member

Toys, that’s useful to know. Would it be the case of sending the shock to TF then seeing what they say is needed or is there a standard service kit from Romic?

I dunno, but I think romic just do a service kit, so I would imagine the latter.

poisonspider
    Free Member

IIRC Stendec do Romic servicing. TFT don’t.

fivespot
    Free Member

granny-ring…not many springs will fit the Romic, due to it requiring a spring with internal dia. of 38mm, most current coil shocks use a spring of about 36mm int. dia.

PJM1974, The main problem with servicing Romic’s (if you can get the seals) is the special charging jig required to recharge it.

granny_ring

Midlife has kindly offered a Romic spring so will give that a try at some point and see how it goes.
    Thanks 5spot If I need to look for another that info will help

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Romic shock springs’ is closed to new replies.