Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Romesh Ranganathan.
  • DezB
    Free Member

Can somebody explain the in joke to appreciating Stewart Lee…

When does an explained joke ever work? You don’t get it, just watch something else. It doesn’t really matter.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Dezb – errr when it’s explained? As to whether you find it quite so funny, possibly not but you don’t know that until you know. If that was however you attempting Stewart Lee esque humour then congratulations. I think.

Rubber_Buccaneer

When does an explained joke ever work?

True, if you have to explain it it probably wasn’t great.

Bez

derek_starship
    Free Member

Did you know that Adam Hills has a prosthetic foot?

Katherine Ryan: great body.

Bez

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Not sure why some people seem so offended or puzzled that they don’t get a particular comedian.

I don’t get Broccoli or Thrash Metal. That means that I don’t like them, not that they are bad.

Not liking or getting Stewart Lee doesn’t mean that he isn’t funny.

teasel
    Free Member

That gif up there has been getting far too much use of late.

Gif replies are the height of laziness. Mostly…

Bez

*goes looking for a “whatevs” gif*

ransos
    Free Member

I saw Stewart Lee at the Bristol Comedy Garden back in July – genuinely the best laugh I’ve had in ages. I don’t really care if you get him or not – I do and I got my money’s worth – but that’s comedy for you. (Nor do I think folk are stupid for not getting him.)

I saw him at the Colston Hall back in April. He was a little flat to begin with, but really got going once he got a mouthful from a heckler. I’m looking forward to seeing what material ends up in his tv show.

nedrapier

Rob Newman… His recent stuff is absolutely brilliant.

Agreed. I saw his New Theory of Evolution show a couple of years ago. Funnier and interesting that I thought it was going to be, and I was expecting it to really quite funny and interesting.

Touring a new show soon: http://www.robnewman.com/live.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s done a few shows in Brizzle in recent years – I think we get intelligent comedy here. 😀

Nah seriously, he obviously started off with the “right” routine as it went very well. Towards the end of the show he said he’d start with another if the audience wanted but that it would go on for another twenty minutes or thereabouts so we more than got our ticket’s worth (those of us who “got” it anyway).

deepreddave
    Free Member

Ok after some youtubeing I found Mr Lee picking on a deserving topic. I could become a fan!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWsoIwhaL5E[/video]

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Romesh Ranganathan.’ is closed to new replies.