Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rolling starts
  • jamesoz

Pushing your luck and taking the piss. Really enjoyed a race today but the number of riders taking a rolling start was just silly. The best bit was the Marshall telling a rider he had to start at the line and him replying ‘or what’?’
    Ok I’m bitter from a big crash putting me last, but come on it’s a local race nobody cares about, why would you cheat or cheese off the marshals that events struggle to find.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The best bit was the Marshall telling a rider he had to start at the line and him replying ‘or what’?’

Disrespecting a marshall will get you a ban from some races and with some organisers the so what will be a time penalty or DQ.
    If you can’t race to the rules don’t bother.

jamesoz

It really shouldn’t need enforcing. Or am I just not down with the middle aged enduro kids?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tend to find when one person does something the next will. Hence a decent rider briefing should cover it. Sometimes penalties need to be used to influence behaviour though.
    It was really hard to belive that when I was racing Dh a few years back they were still doing helmet strap checks.

toonlad
    Free Member

I was marshalling stage 1. After a brief couple of minutes of people rolling through the start (after the uniquely queues had died down) only one rider got a through stage 1 without stopping at the start point.
    The’or what’ wasn’t aggressive in any way and every rider was polite,though there was some low level grumbling that advantage was being gleaned at other stages.
    The one rider did ‘fly’ past me unfairly but promptly stacked it at the first corner…how I laughed!
    A great event, well run and done in great humour. Week done the organisers and I look forward to riding in next year’s series.

jamesoz

Thanks for marshalling, must have been an in joke as it was stage 4 I heard it. I was being grumpy on beer based pain killers. No slight on the event intended.

toonlad
    Free Member

Was pretty hungover myself. Well done on doing it. ..seemed most people were knackered by the end too.

toonlad
    Free Member

Was pretty hungover myself. Well done on doing it. ..seemed most people were knackered by the end too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rolling starts’ is closed to new replies.