• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • rolling on 20's (bmx)
  • jedi

any others on here ride bmx and fancy a gathering at corby midweek (tuesdays) ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I wish I still had the balls, [ topgun mode] I'd ride with you [ /topgun mode]

jedi

corby is so much fun and has loads of small ramps and a foam pit for jumping and not crashing etc,,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've got a BMX

I'm crap on it

I'm nowhere near Corby

I'm at work on Tuesday

That'll be a no then 🙁

jedi

man i am pretty abysmal too

robdob
    Free Member

I seriously doubt that.

No bike anymore, anyway I was a flatland/street type rider…

jedi

i stopped a ride 25yrs ago nd restarted 2 yrs ago

rbmccunn
    Free Member

I have a BMX too. I’m also crap on it now that I’m old and scared (although I can do great bunny hops) unfortunately nowhere near Corby though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

jedi – Member

corby is so much fun and has loads of small ramps and a foam pit for jumping and not crashing etc,,

I still have fond memory's of my first go at the foam pit at Corby with you, but my lasting memory will be how the **** do I get my bike up there!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

jedi – Member

any others on here ride bmx and fancy a gathering at corby midweek (tuesdays) ?

Yeah – sounds great. I'm in! 😉

jedi

bushwacked, this tuesday?

zangolin
    Free Member

Love to but working – if half term then would give it a go. Only been riding BMX for 1 week though (first BMX at age 44 1/2).

We have just had a big new national standard track built here in Hereford (built by Clark + Kent Contractors) – so have been playing around on that for the last week – also just got a big new skate/BMX park – although not ventured down there yet.

Vid of the new track just before completion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyOlsRSZGGw

Skate park

meehaja
    Free Member

I'm leaning towards getting another BMX… I miss it, that and my mind tells me I can still grind, do wild drops and wall ride! for motivation , search for mutiny BMX on you tube (check out the HD movies, they're beautiful!)

2tyred

I do, and I'd love to, but suspect Corby is a bit far from Glasgow. Foam pit? Is it an indoor park?

That park up there ^^ looks good – tight bowl for taking a bmx into though!

I live a minute's ride away from a similar brand new concrete park which is the sort of thing I'd have given my left arm for at 14. I'm 36 now and currently enjoying the steady progression that comes with riding bmx again after many years away from it. I was always a skater first, so its not like I have a wealth of park bmx experience to call on.

In fact, I'm "working" from home today, so a late morning visit is very much on the cards.

For those of us of a similar vintage, isn't it annoying how when we were kids, skate (and bmx) spots were the work of the devil and councils couldn't flatten or fill them fast enough, yet now they're desperate (as far as they can be) to build as many as they can? My kids don't know how lucky they are. Werther's Original, anyone?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Zangolin – saw that park had been built and was chatting a few years back to a guy pushing for Hereford to have a track built – glad to hear its all been done. I'm just down in Cheltenham and may well look you up if I venture up that way.

Jedi I. Will get back to you – had hoped to pay Herts a visit but think I might have childcare issues that night.

taka
    Free Member

tracknicko
    Free Member

would love to but 111mi from my gaff 🙁

bit of an epic effort for a nibble in the park.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

trackniko – that's one mile less than the drive I do to get to corby.

Jedi – can't make it this Tuesday – no childcare 🙁 have a good one!

Jamie
    Free Member

I am down the road from Corby…well P'boro. Only prob is i don't have a BMX 😉

kimbers

I've got a BMX

I'm crap on it

I'm nowhere near Corby

I'm at work on Tuesday

That'll be a no then

+1 😥

debaser

I've got a BMX

I'm crap on it

I'm nowhere near Corby

I'm at work on Tuesday

That'll be a no then

Aye, same here… but on the upside this just opened up down the road 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I like the vid and the park! Loads of concrete parks springing up all over the place at the moment

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I love BMX. Both park and race. My kids love it too.

Unfortunately I'm too far away but if you're ever up near Glasgow give me a shout and I'll take you to our local parks including Unit23, Renfrew outdoor, Kirky, EK and a few others – all brilliant!

Oh, and now my youngest is into it too….. 😀

jedi

im 75miles from corby 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘rolling on 20's (bmx)’ is closed to new replies.