Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rollers
  • sparkyrhino

Anyone use Elite Arion rollers? Not knowing anything about Rollers, are they any good, Cheers in advance👍🏼

13thfloormonk

Yep, they’re as good as the Tacx Antares I used previously, I got the Arion Mag and the wee magnetic resistance thing is enough for threshold/FTP work as well.

13thfloormonk

Oh but if you’re precious about appearance or expect to try and sell them on at some point, be careful of the wee plastic strips that you have to pry off to adjust wheelbase, I snapped one 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    claudie

I upgraded from the Arions to the Arion Mags. They give me so much more flexibility in the types of work outs I can do for not a lot of extra cost. Use mine once per week and really like them ( and cheeky stealth ad, some arions for sale! )

Daffy

I had Arions and eventually upgraded to Neros – far better in every aspect.  BUT, if you want to be doing something else whilst on the rollers, like watching TV or Zwifting – a fixed turbo is better.  A moments lapse in concentration will have you off, a sneeze will cause a wobble and reaching for a towel can be tricky.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And don’t try and watch zwift or riding videos, it’s hard to not subconsciously steer round the corners!

I used to have an Arion Mag, as above the resistance is just enough to make under/over intervals workable.

Plastic rollers are more ‘rumbly’ than metal ones. It’s a big plastic drum with relatively high resistance. Whereas the metal ones are typically much narrower (and smoother) which tends mean they sound higher pitched (whiring rather than rumbling) but much quieter. More £££ but sportcrafter do resistance rollers. As do Cyclops and Jet-black, both apparently made by sportcrafter but use a different resistance drum that isn’t quite as smooth.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I tried playing an Xbox on a set of rollers once. There results were exactly what you would expect.

1second of game play followed by me wedged between the wall and the back of the couch laughing my head off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.