Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rollers
  • sailor74
    Free Member

Considering getting some of these but dont want to go mad as I dont know how much I will use them. On the other hand if cheap equals crap then Im less likely to use them I suppose.

So, is it worth paying the extra for adjustable resistance? And secondly are the aluminium rollers much better than the plastic ones?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve only used turbo’s but found I used the turbo with most resistance far more than the cheeper ones with less that preceeded it.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Aluminium rollers are worth the extra. Very happy with my Cyclops rollers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scratch
    Free Member

Depends on what you want to do with them, I’ve only had mine a few weeks but I don’t think I’ll ever get to the stage where I’m comfortable knocking out really hard intervals on them like I would on the turbo.
    I can steadily roll along in Z4 on mine by changing through the gears.

I use the turbo for the short / hard intervals and the rollers for pedal technique and spinning.

jimmers
    Free Member

As above, if you’ve got a turbo I wouldn’t bother with resistance.

I use the rollers for base training stuff and the turbo for more hectic periods.

greenmeansgo
    Free Member

I’m very happy with a set of these Jet Black rollers. Aluminium rollers feel a little bit nicer to ride on than the plastic ones, but more importantly, they look cooler. 😀

I wouldn’t worry about variable resistance – using the gears on my bike has been sufficient.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

As an opposing view I do all my intervals on rollers, (they have resistance).

As I’m curious I’ll turn off the resistance tonight and see what difference is makes to what power I can put out.

sailor74
    Free Member

looking to put in an order tomorrow. Still not sure if it’s worth the extra £’s for resistance? I dont have a turbo, Im getting rollers as I think Ill be less bored with them.

weeble
    Free Member

I haven’t got resistance on my Elite rollers but find workouts hurt big time if done proprly also got an imagic turbo but enjoy the rollers for base stuff and tempo/threshold spins using power meter. I wouldn’t go for resistance as you can work hard enough with just a standard setup IMHO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rollers’ is closed to new replies.