Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roller shutter door problems
  • andy8442
    Free Member

Today I managed to break the garage roller shutter door by closing it but with a piece of wood stopping it from going all the way down. The electric motor then got in a tis and all hell broke loose. Anyway, I’ve managed to to manually wind it back up and back into the guides. The problem now is it won’t go all the way back up, and when it’s going down, the motor doesn’t stop. The motor seems to have lost it’s limits. Does anyone have any clues how to reset them? I’ve no make or way of identify it, but is does have room hex screw + and – on the motor which I think maybe the limit makers but just spin and spin.

Help.

project
    Free Member

common fault, youve either twisted the central core and damaged the limit switches or it off level, switch off power and with door at bottom of travel see f it lies flat on floor, or if you can access any solonoid switch

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’d be getting the safety brake checked out too.

project
    Free Member

if the brake fails they fall down very fast as they unravel off the spoool, get someone out to check it out, they are dangerous if not working properley

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

if the brake fails they fall down very fast as they unravel off the spoool, get someone out to check it out, they are dangerous if not working properley

Maybe not the brake then, the auto stop thingy that detects obstructions like wood, children and baby robins and stops the door from closing and squishing them.

andy8442
    Free Member

Yes thanks, I’m going to get it checked out as it should have stopped. It’s a Eurodrive roller supplied by Domestic Roller Shutters. I’ll ring them in the morning to see if they have any local people who could have a look at it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roller shutter door problems’ is closed to new replies.