Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • roller racing
  • Steelsreal

anyone know how much it would cost to get a roller racing outfoit in to do a club night?

Think Rollapaluza may be a bit expensive…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i help with rollapaluza. i can put you in contact with them if you would like??

what area are you based in??

kcr
    Free Member

No joy with other cycling clubs? Roller racing was a popular winter activity years ago, and a few clubs still keep roller sets. I know some of the Midlands clubs use to run roller nights.

Steelsreal

in hampshire, just really needed a rough idea of what it would cost to run an event…is it hundreds, thousands ???

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

ill email you now.

opensprints
    Free Member

You can buy a couple OpenSprints systems for the price of renting a rollapulza system. We have also sold hundreds of systems all over the world, so let us know where you are and we can probably find someone who is willing to share.

rollapaluza
    Free Member

If you take into account all the equipment required for systems sold by opensprints (Bikes, Projector etc) then the total sum would actually cover six Rollapaluza events at our schools and community rates.

Within our hire charges we also provide Insurance, online rider registration, experienced crew, PA and music, results and photos, transport of equipment,….as well as a full stable of bikes and spares for all ages from 7 years and up…

Our rigs are heavy duty, custom-made, based on ten years of events and aren’t modified training rollers, all rigs are identical meaning you get to compete on the same equipment as Olympic champions.

There are various options of getting a legendary Rollapaluza event to your town at low rates:

1. Organize a genuine community event. (potential for funding from local councils, advocacy groups etc)

2. Co-Promote a round of our National Series

3. Find a sponsor for a public / open / promotional event

BIG NEWS: Rollapaluza have set up a Community Interest Company with the goal of attaining funding to provide schools and genuine community events for FREE!…watch this space.

If you live in the North and think you have what it takes to become a regional team leader for Rollapaluza, please contact us.

info(at)rollapaluza.com

opensprints
    Free Member

??

Rollapulza is doing a fantastic job at re-manufacturing and renting the Barelli style rollers. If you can afford them, do it. They put on an incredible show. We have much respect for them, an refer many people their way.

If the Rollapulza franchise costs are hard to swallow, you can join the hundreds of clubs, bars, schools and cycling nutters (in every continent except antartica) that have decided to own their own system.

OpenSprints just sells the required custom things you can’t buy anywhere else. In other words the custom electronics and custom rollers. Frankly you don’t even need the rollers, the electronics can work on any roller system, and they only cost $360 USD, or $180 USD if you don’t mind ~30 minutes of soldering.

Use your own bikes, projector, and computer. We don’t sell them because most people already have them.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Rollapalua are great but they’re not the only ones out there, Try getting in touch with the great northern rollers lot?

spokebloke
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this too.
    I was in contact with Rollapaluza earlier this week and when you see what they provide their price isn’t bad. However, for our charity event it was just too much.

So I started looking at my own system – will be installing the the Opensprints software tomorrow to see what it looks like.

opensprints
    Free Member

Again, Rollapulza is awesome, if you have the money to spend do it.

Try getting in touch with the great northern rollers lot?

Great Northern Rollers use an OpenSprints system, there is also a system used for a school program in Lichfield; the Keirin Bar in Nottingham, as well as a few others in the UK.

So I started looking at my own system – will be installing the the Opensprints software tomorrow to see what it looks like.

Everything is OpenSource and free, which has allowed other software packages like GoldSprintsFX to be created.

Hi Guys

Thanks for mentioning us. Yeah the Opensprints software really is fantastic and easy to use. It’s great for us because we prefer to take all our stuff by bike trailer rather than vans wherever possible, to stay as eco-friendly as we can. This set up makes that pretty easy. We use Goldsprints FX’s awesome clockface style with Opensprints software and it’s brilliant.

If you’re thinking of buying it but not sure come down to one of our events to check it out. Or maybe we can work out coming to you.

As for insurance etc. it’s not too expensive. we have a custom insurance for it, pretty simple to sort out. Let us know if you want any more info.

We mostly do local events and events promoting cycling. We also roller race in schools and youth groups as I’m a qualified youth worker, trained in safeguarding etc. We do go further afield quite a lot though which is fun.

Good luck! X X

southcoastsprints
    Free Member

Spokebloke ,

Thought I would chip in as we would be keen to get involved if we can help at all.

We are South Coast Sprints, based on the South coast (Hampshire, Sussex, Dorset). We are running an Opensprints system, GFX front end. Coloured platforms, lights, identical bikes and a PA/Music system complete our rig.

We were inspired by the Rolapaluza setup, and felt that roller racing needs a bigger audience.( Rolapaluza doesn’t come south very often, Northern Rollers, Ginnel Whippet and the Keirin Bar are too far north.)

Take a look at the website, http://southcoastsprints.wordpress.com

find us on Facebook

or PM me at

Craig(AT)southcoastsprints.co.uk

If you would like to know more.

Macavity
    Free Member

If you can generate enough electricity then it will pay for its self
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBc5nnveOUY

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘roller racing’ is closed to new replies.