Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Roller Coasters
  • tillydog
    Free Member

That was a quick edit! – I was about to ask if ‘Air’ was one of theirs – It’s good, but doesn’t really flow IMHO.

Cougar

Air is a B&M coaster but it’s not really a ‘thrill ride’, it’s an experience. I’d have argued that “flowing” is its MO to be honest.

RustyNissanPrairie

Smiler for all its hype was okay but bloody rough

Being a tall gangly bloke the first time I rode Nemesis I thought my feet were going to smash into the rocks! My favourite coaster ever.

Drac

Air is now Galatica the VR works very well, I didn’t get a chance to ride it without as the queues went up from straight on to 45 minutes.

prawny

Air was better than galactica is. It’s a bit gimmicky with the VR, before was even more like flying than Nemesis.

The last time we went on it they wouldn’t let us ride without the goggles, I’m not sure if you can go without them now but it’s a brilliant smooth relaxing coaster without them.

slowoldman

The best roller coaster rides I ever had were when navigating rally cars.

edlong
    Free Member

(think the Big One is no longer there anyway?)

Wut? Really?[/quote]

As far as I can see from detailed research (I looked at wikipedia) it’s still there. Was momentarily panicing there, I think that’s almost certainly my favourite.

nuke

In my mind Stealth is the best rollercoaster we have in the UK…quick but packs in a hell of a ride. Rest like Swarm, Saw, etc are just goodish rides. Smiler just made me dizzy. Unfortunately though ive lost my bottle for launch rollcoasters like Stealth and Rita (Rock & Roll at Euro Disney)…done them all but, having gone back, i just can’t do them anymore 🙁

jambourgie
    Free Member

I quite liked the smiler. But I think it would get boring once you know all the different sections. Only been on it once last year, not long after that crash so the girl of the moment chickened out. But yeah, was good. Also tried the new Air with the new VR. Was sceptical and almost chose to take the goggles off. But tbh I think it works. Possibly even better than without…

One of the best times I had at Alton Towers was on the Runaway Mine Train. Not sure what was going on, and whether the operator has any control over the speed but by christ it was fast! And everytime it came back to the station the guy on the bridge would get on the mic and ask us whether we wanted to go again, before launching us off again. Not sure how many times we went round, prob not as many as I remember, but it felt bloody fast. Faster than when I went on it last year anyway.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Runaway mine train is powered so the ride operator probably can control the speed it goes. It’s always my warm up ride at Alton towers. The curve before the tunnel is awesome from the back row.
    Nemesis front or back is just incredible, Air is a bit meh, Rita is good, oblivion is fun.

By far my most favourite ride is Kraken at Sea world Orlando absolutely fantastic.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve done some good ones around me (NL)

@Walibi: Xpress: Platform 13 – excellent experience just after you get in the park, I genuinely wasn’t sure if it was a ride or not and the acceleration is pretty stunning.

@Walibi: Goliath and Condor – huge and twisty

@Efteling: Baron 1898 – the mist filling the underground entrance combined with being on the front row was terrifying, my body was convinced I was going to get crushed by the impact.

@Efteling: Joris en de Draak -beautiful wooden coaster that shakes you up plenty.

Next one on my nearly-hit list

[video]https://youtu.be/wNs6oRhObc8[/video]

prawny

Taron looks ace, planning on taking the kids to some of the Euro parks when they’ve got the bottle up to do some of the uk rides.

My eldest is just over 1.4m now and he’s talking the talk about going on nemesis next time we go to Alton towers, we shall see

tenfoot

(think the Big One is no longer there anyway?)

Wut? Really?

As far as I can see from detailed research (I looked at wikipedia) it’s still there. Was momentarily panicing there, I think that’s almost certainly my favourite.

Don’t know what made me think that then. Good news as that first drop is something to behold. (Just the once though, I haven’t been on it again!)

When we did Swarm this week, I left my seat slightly every time we tipped over. I assumed this was normal, but talking to other people, it doesn’t normally happen to them, so seems I didn’t have the shoulder harness pushed down enough. It was a bit unsettling to say the least.

njee20
    Free Member

I love them, but the last few times I’ve been they’ve made me feel really sick, and that’s not much fun! Anyone taken motion sickness tablets before going on them!?

RustyNissanPrairie

ooohhh that Taron ‘coaster looks perfect! Linear launch and then the 2nd booster, smooth, lots of air time, plenty of things to swoop through. Nice!

Drac

We went on the runway mine train a few times as it’s the only one my wife would go on. Yeah it’s ermmm errrrr family friendly. Chooo chooo!

grannyjone
    Free Member

The only problem I have with rollercoasters is the nausea. Especially anything that goes upside down. Had this problem since I was about 16

jambourgie
    Free Member

Anyone taken motion sickness tablets before going on them!?

No, but I’ve taken ecstasy tablets before going on them.

HTH

crapjumper
    Free Member

Yes Jam , I did last month. I’m 48 now and I’ve hated rollercoasters since I was a teenager. Dizziness and puking my guts up seems to be the result of even the tamest rides but I went to a pharmacy in Orlando and they sold me some DRAMAMINE motion sickness tablets. Effin awesome they were . Sorry that was to NJEE20 🙄

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Can confirm: Taron is AWESOME.

Second launch is brutal, then straight up under a waterfall. Loads of jinks, kinks and -ve g, and a really smooth ride too.

Winja’s Fear and Colorado Adventure were also inventive, and Raik was enjoyable, if short.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Roller Coasters’ is closed to new replies.