Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rolled ankle. Help!
  • SamB
    Free Member

Thankfully I’m not posting this to ask someone to call an ambulance for me, but…

Coming down the stairs about an hour ago, I missed a stair on the way down and rolled my ankle *back*, so stretching the front of the foot out. I think something might have gone crunch as well 🙁

Any tips on what to do now or how to work out what’s wrong? I’m thinking RICE and ibuprofen this eve, then see how it feels tomorrow AM and if it’s still bad head to A&E. FWIW it’s still sore now, round the front outside of the foot with maybe a small bump compared to the non-damaged side. Any advice would be appreciated, I’ve got a half-iron tri in 4 weeks and was just about to hit peak training distance 🙄

tony07
    Free Member

Get it strapped up nice and tight now and ice it.

Tomorrow take the strapping off and start forcing yourself to walk normally on it. Full roll of the toes and all that. Also rub across the point it’s sore with a fair bit of pressure.

This is provided you haven’t broke anything

lovewookie

Went over on my ankle last year. Elevate, ice, rest.

Mine was fine first day, but after 2 days it was twice the size and pretty much stopped my riding for about 2 months. It’s still not 100%, but I couldn’t run on it for 6 months.

Hospital tomorrow to be certain it’s not buggered.

SamB
    Free Member

Thanks folks! I don’t *think* it’s broken – it’s ok to bear weight, if painful. Will try to get it RICE’d overnight and see what tomorrow brings…

skids
    Free Member

You want to be careful dude, I thought I had only rolled my ankle but a few days later when i went A&e, they xrayed it and one on the bones was clean broken in my leg, still got the screws in it now

sbob
    Free Member

I buggered my ankle jumping over a wall and landing instead of on a tree stump (that I had just removed), half in the crater that I hadn’t filled.
    😳
    I didn’t get on with crutches so jumped on the bike pedalling with my good foot only, bad foot just resting on the other pedal.
    The swelling went down immediately; good physio!

Foot was actually broken.
    Not according to the doctor, but the lump of bone sticking out was a fairly good indication.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d say head down your local minor injury/walk in clinic in the morning. Usual rules apply if it hurts look in pain and take a good book with you. There are some nasty things that can happen when you roll an ankle too much, the soft tissue damage the missus suffered when she broke hers took much longer to heal than the break itself. After that find a good physio for the recovery phase 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rolled ankle. Help!’ is closed to new replies.