Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Roll up, come & get your retro Onza Porcs – only £156 / pair (and counting!)
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

This has to be proof the world's gone completely mad! Is it me or am I totally out of touch with what stuff costs?

And to think I wince at paying much more than £40 for a pair of tyres! Check your sheds… you could be sitting on a fortune.

I do remember how absolutely cool they looked on a pale blue Spesh hardtail I had in about 1992 – but boy were they lethal in the wet! Someone's got to have a seriously lovely retrobike to be piking out that for them.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

whoa

possibly the draggiest crapiest tyres I ever had*, man they were cool at the time

*actually I just remembered I have some 2.25 cinders in the shed which must be a close second

colnagokid

One pair in my shed-used once on abeach in spain, when Gregory's Girls been on I'll dig them out!
    (didnt even pay for them)

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Funny that RestlessNative – I was only on eBay looking for a replacement for my 2.1 Cinders that appear to have almost worn out (they seem to be a new 'semi slick' version at the moment). I just don't have the guts to post a thread on here entitled: "What tyres…" 😳

ColnagoKid – you may just have won the lottery…!

clunker

Posers tyre, Smokes were more my cuppa

tang
    Free Member

ground control all the way

Andy-W
    Free Member

I got two Onza Porcs in black a few weeks back, got one on the front of my old scott and the other still in the box,, they only cost about £25 for both posted…..why so much for the pimpy white ones ??

woffle
    Free Member

Wow!

I should still have 3 pairs of NOS white porcupines sat in my parents loft somewhere (along with my Dad's used-about-3-times-only 1995 Kona Lava Dome). Also got an old Cannondale Beast Of the East frame in bright yellow, some purple shiny suspension forks and some other retrotastic bits and bobs! If that's what they're fetching it looks like it'd be worth a trip down to Devon to see what else is there…

I still wish I'd kept my Saracen fillet-brazed prestige frame.

Zone
    Free Member
    gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yup, world's definitely gone mad – they're at £186 now with a couple of hours to go.

I'll say it again: check your lofts and sheds!!!! Who needs to play the lottery with that kind of market for old tyres?! 😯

colnagokid

Ha Ha madness, mine are going on ebay 😀

walleater

To give them credit, the white ones were the first soft compound DH racing tyre. Ground Controls and the like were good for their time but the compound was pretty hard….white Porcs were in a different league when racing DH. Just don't skid or the knobs would get ripped straight off!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Anyone remember the Onza Octopus then?

Possibly the only amusing thing MBUK has ever done…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I'll let you know where to send my 10% commission, Colnago-kid! 😉

Best of luck – let us know how you get on with them. Crazy world!

pitduck
    Free Member

wow 197 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Roll up, come & get your retro Onza Porcs – only £156 / pair (and counting!)’ is closed to new replies.