Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Roll Call: Who's working on the Easter bank holiday then?
  • GrahamS

Lovely and sunny out, birds singing, children playing, spring in the air.

Me sat alone in front of a lifeless screen, prodding at the keyboard, trying to summon up the willpower to do some work.

Anyone else want to share their misery?

Drac

Nope sorry I have a rare bank holiday off, it’s my daughter’s birthday about to hop in the shower then we’re off to look at a laptop for her.

Tomorrow I plan to ride my bike just waiting to hear back from a friend to see if he is up for something and then probably post ride beer too.

Sunday I may tackle the garden as it’s in a sorry state but if it’s sunny again I may cover a few road miles first.

TomB

4 night shifts starting tonight. Oh well, enjoyed the last few days off……

miketually
    Free Member

I am. Coming up with database exam preparation materials.

Bloody teachers and all their holidays.

timber

The mechanic better be working at the garage, he promised the car would be done Wednesdy and I’m still waiting for it so I can go away 🙁

Only took it to a garage as I didn’t have the time to do it myself.

notlocal
    Free Member

Yep, me too. Working in an Outdoor clothing shop, while everyone is enjoying the sunny weather. Working Saturday too at Balmoral 10k races.

Sunday off, then start again Monday.

I’m going to ride the bike into the ground on Sunday to make up for it 😈

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nightshift tonight

mangoridebike

working today and monday – office is quiet though so not too bad

lipseal
    Free Member

Off today and Monday but in Saturday and Sunday decanting R22. One good thing has come out of it no parlez with the in laws.

juanking

Aye, plugging away here. Nae bank holiday here in Scotchland.

intode_void
    Free Member

Half & half, sorting out £42k of invoicing which my client is disputing, but doing it at home as off work all next week.

pault41
    Free Member

Working all weekend ,Support work happens 24/7 ,least today /monday double time n just had weeks annual leave too .

Royal wedding extra bank holl ,just another day !!!!

Tiger6791

Same stuck at work, so nice outside but have told myself plug on get it done and get out on the bike.

Here’s a photo of my view…

I reckon on on the bike for 3pm and nice evening pint in a country pub get home just as I need lights. All in a t-shirt.

So forum off, head down..

Tiger6791

Smog.

It’s not really clear on the photo, you can see it best on the right of the photo between the tress and the building but the grey layer between the buildings and the sky is Smog.

Not a cloud in the sky but a thick layer of grey between the ground and the sky. Gotta love that there London.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

me bikeshop is a bit quiet! although were putting together a rather tasty pinarello dogma today… 😆

I get “enhanced pay” (Saturday rate) for working a bank holiday, plus a day of in lieu, so it’s like working for about 2.25x normal wages. 😀
    MetOffice says it will still be 13C when I cycle home after midnight as well. 8)

MartynS

off today, in Saturday/Sunday…off Monday

Best (and worst) of it is I’m working on the royal wedding day, Sadly at a street party in Ashton in Makerfield, could be interesting..!

swavis

It’s a weekend like any other, and next weekend will be the same.
    I prefer this as I can take my leave when it suits me and you don’t tend to find everything’s booked up and busy 😀

jam-bo

Not today but I drew the short straw for next week. Flying to the states for a trade show early on Monday, back on Friday. I’ll be having my three day week later in the year when Devon isn’t full of sunburnt chavs.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I am working Today, Sunday and Monday but am out at Dalby on Saturday so could be worse

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Me, right now.
    Been called in at the last minute for an hour or two.
    I can pretty much write my own overtime cheque though… 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not me, booked the the days off for next week, finished work yesterday and don’t got back until May.

steveh

I’m in but from choice. A broken collarbone 1.5 weeks ago means pootles on the road seem to be ok but no real riding for a bit so am savng the days off until i can have some fun with them.

martymac

ile be working saturday, 12hr howler, off sunday, then 12hr howler on monday/tue/wed.
    thats pretty much the nature of being a bus driver i guess.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

oh misery, working today.
    then heading off up north. a trip round loch nevis

on the magnificent paddle steamer waverley

over to skye, back across the skye bridge

and on to lochcarron for a game a shinty.
    then on to Achiltibuie
    with a possible meal in a Michelin starred restaurant
    then along the north coast stopping at Smoo Cave
    beore continuing to catch the ferry over to orkney where the world’s shortest commercial ailine flight will be flown, and some wrecks in Scapa Flow will be explored.

Yup, misery indeed.

gator
    Free Member

Fri & Sat = days
    Sun & Mon = nights

Standard shifts – work xmas too

Do it for the last 12 years – you get used to it

🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

yup. 1600-0400 shift tonight and all weekend.

Flaperon

Today off, but working Monday. Don’t really mind.

adam_h
    Free Member

Working today, off Monday, then working the other bank holidays over next weekend. Keep the days off for another time. Not too bad though, been sunning myself on a roof most of the day 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

working from home here. Sat at the screen looking at the sunshine outside – not all bad though – will be knocking it on the head shortly and i managed to get a great dawn walk in with the dog for a couple of hours which I wouldn’t be able to do if I were in the office. I will be repeating the same on Monday when I’m working from home again.

emsz
    Free Member

Nope, pink shoulders from sitting in the park too long. 😀

Sorry

Kato

Yer, just got in. Sun + drinks + family = fighting!

Been busy

andytherocketeer

on-call. managed almost 40km ride in the sun today, thru the forest (not very pleasant, though, due to swarms of bugs)

rather do my share of on-call at easter and let everyone else brave the traffic/airport, while I bunk off for crimble.

alexpalacefan

Just got in, we had 35 kids riding today. Smug? Me?

APF

ratadog

On call from 9am this morning until 5pm Saturday. 4 phone calls this morning and then in on the wards from about 1300 till 1730 sorting out various problems. 2 more ward rounds tomorrow then off until Tuesday.

Can’t disappear off on the bike when on call in case I need to go in in a hurry but still nipped out at 0630 this morning and spent a couple of hours cycling along the edge of the Moors before my on call started.

My colleague who was on last night knew I was intending to go out early and sounded very relieved when he called up to handover and discovered I was safe back home. He didn’t know I cycled and clearly had visions of me being carried into our place of work feet first and having to do my on call himself.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Work in a bike shop – was manic on the hire today, expect the same tomorrow (have sunday off) and then back in for monday (and tuesday!)

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call: Who's working on the Easter bank holiday then?’ is closed to new replies.