Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Roll-call for the STW Swinley sexy party this Sunday….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

Ok, the original thread quickly degenerated into sillyness (as well it should 😀 ) so I thought I would start a separate thread with the purpose of just collecting names of who thinks they’re coming.

The weather forecast is showing it should hit heatwave-style highs of 4degrees! So providing the snow melts it’ll be nice and muddy…. you might not even need to put sandwich bags over your toes.

I’ve gone through and made a list of who has expressed interest/said they should make it. If you’re adding your name to the list or taking yours off can you copy and paste the whole list with your edit in your post so its easier to keep track of!

Phil & Mrs Consequence
    Psychle & Mrs Psychle
    Elfinsafety + lahndahn scrotes?
    Peteimpreza
    Rocketdog (if he’s moved successfully)
    LimboJimbo
    Singletrackmind
    WorldClassAccident
    Mcobie
    WillTheRealForumPleaseStandUp (if he’s got permission from the boss)
    Futon river crossing (if anyone can provide a lift from Brighton?)
    Torminalis
    Karinofnine
    Ronniethescot
    Mr and (possibly) Mrs Poddy
    Timothius
    Joolsburger
    Cinnamon_girl
    Rusty trowel
    Sandwich
    DezB
    Vinnyeh (if can build a bike in time)
    Thisisnotaspoon
    Bikey
    The Southern Yeti
    Petesgaff
    Thurman Merman
    Aleigh (camping at the cafe)
    Andy
    Mulletus Maximus (might wear lycra)
    Nickc
    Willej
    5AM
    Djaustin
    Soma_rich (possibility)
    AndyRT
    DrBike (possibility)
    Piha
    Kevsterjw
    Toab
    Dobo

If we could keep this thread for purely listing attendees that’d be really useful. If you want to mess around/discuss transport and lifts etc then I’d ask respectfully to go back to the ORIGINAL THREAD 🙂

C_G is bringing a banner, I suggest meeting just inside the Go-Ape gate and under the trees just to the right of the gate so we’re not in the way of people… always open to better suggestions though!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you want to mess around

😕

nickf
    Free Member

A (strong)possibility.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

If my ManFlu clears up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you ask nicely I’ll show you my monkey.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s over 40 STWers! A better turn out than the BBB! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If the slime monster doesn’t leave the front of my head, I am going no where but back to bed. At he moment it is leaking out of my eyes, nose and throat.

rOcKeTdOg

looking good so far, moved all the big stuff (awesome skids in hire van and ice yesterday) need to dismantle stuff and rebuild it upstairs though as staircase is narrow and twisty 🙁 but still hopefull, if it’s going to be 4 degrees i’d better try and unpack the sun-block

but don’t pre-order my bacon sarnie just in case

philconsequence
    Free Member

glad to hear things are going well RD 🙂

sorry to hear about your leaky head WCA – i hear a good amount of fresh air and exercise helps 😉

nickf and BP – be good to have you along!

(will save adding the names to the list until a few more have confirmed or denied)

nickc

ahh not me I’m afraid. consumerism appears to have raised its ugly head…

philconsequence
    Free Member

damn consumerism! 🙁

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Still planning on being there as long as the roads are alright. It’s all a bit white in Dorset at the moment.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My good lady is now working so I’m sorry to say I can’t make it.

Was planning a very early one to Holmbury instead which is looking equally unlikely. If she blows work out then I’m there.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wokingham/Swinley seem to be in a bit of an island of no/minimal snow so if you can make it to the M3/M4 you should be OK.

philconsequence
    Free Member

reading is the same, its like it hasnt snowed anywhere apart from gardens and pavements. the roads are cleaner than after a summer’s rain.

philconsequence
    Free Member

as Nickc is not longer joining us, anybody want to volunteer to lead a “screw you slow norris’s i want to ride like the wind!” group?

RepacK
    Free Member

mmmmm me thinks I might do this as well since its only on the doorstep.. Perhaps Elf will buy me that pint he offered? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Perhaps Elf will buy me that pint he offered?

For you guys who are going to Swinley, be prepared to receive unrelenting ear-bashing from the Elfman concerning his latest ban. I suggest that you all rotate in turn to ride near him, like that the pain will be more evenly distributed 💡

Mind you, the fella’s got a point……..the level of injustice being dished out at him is really starting to reach biblical proportions. I’ve just looked at his recent history, and I’ll be damned if I can find anything even remotely offensive by him :

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/elfinsafety

I wish the mods would stop their endless bullying of Elfin, if only to spare me the constant whingeing 🙂

RepacK
    Free Member

What? He was only let back on lately..

edit: I have to say I dont know the bloke but he does seem to get a lot of stick..

philconsequence
    Free Member

as ride organiser i could ban him from moaning…. 😆

or chuck him in the slow group with mrsconsequence, the only person in the world who could outmoan anyone.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i’m going to make everyone do a fitness test before we ride: 150push-ups, 150sit-ups, 20bunnyhops on the spot and a no-handed manual all the way to bracknell and back. anyone who fails will be in the slow group with me.

Torminalis
    Free Member

is there going to be an ultra-slow group?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What? He was only let back on lately..

Yeah, go figure…….he doesn’t know why himself. Which is hardly surprising, as I said, there’s no clue in any of his recent posts.

BTW, he says that he will ‘gladly’ buy you a pint RepacK …………lucky you 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

torm… i’m hoping everyone wants to be in an ultra slow group in the spirit of a mess around! but there will be people who jsut want to ride and ride fast, my dream is that everyones happy to stick together, fastest people at the front (they’ll know who they are) and sweeper/slowest at the back, then depending on numbers split into a couple of groups entering the bits of singletrack a couple of minutes after each other…but sticking together overall

the fast people can ride in circles, practice bunnyhopping/trackstands/loop up and down the hills to burn off energy whilst waiting for us slow’ns 🙂

thats my daydream anyway, will see how it pans out on the day.

RepacK
    Free Member

BTW, he says that he will ‘gladly’ buy you a pint RepacK …………lucky you

A gent & a scholar it seems.. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

just to mention to everyone that its worth aiming for 11:20 as it can take 15-20 minutes to find a parking space on a sunday! also remember if you cant find one then over the road is the coral reef car park (shhhh) 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont forget your permits either 🙂 link on the first post on the thread linked to above.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

i might join you along with my regular riding buddy, we usually go very early sat /sun and have been doing a few nightrides lately too. Conditions should be fun after the slight snowfall during the week. We usually come in from the kebab van carpark end as it is easier for us and saves the hassle of the main carpark, so we will aim to meet by the go ape as suggested at 11 ish. Been a regular at swinley for approx 20 years, so kinda know it well, but dont know the names of many of the trails. Will be out saturday for a mates birthday so will be limping round with a sore head probably! Not that i am quick anyway, fat blokes on excessive travel bikes aint built for speed. Happy to assist in directions to places/ lead on the basis of me actually getting there with what will probably be a hangover from hell.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone

philconsequence
    Free Member

sounds perfect Jim 🙂 meeting at 11:30-40, be good to meet you, i like the sound of the pace that you describe!

philconsequence
    Free Member

*bump* for saturday browsers

Simwit

I’ve been keeping an eye on this one for long enough now that it’s become time to commit, so if there’s room at the back for a little one then I’ll to see you all there. Have added my name at the bottom as requested.

Phil & Mrs Consequence
    Psychle & Mrs Psychle
    Elfinsafety + lahndahn scrotes?
    Peteimpreza
    Rocketdog (if he’s moved successfully)
    LimboJimbo
    Singletrackmind
    WorldClassAccident
    Mcobie
    WillTheRealForumPleaseStandUp (if he’s got permission from the boss)
    Futon river crossing (if anyone can provide a lift from Brighton?)
    Torminalis
    Karinofnine
    Ronniethescot
    Mr and (possibly) Mrs Poddy
    Timothius
    Joolsburger
    Cinnamon_girl
    Rusty trowel
    Sandwich
    DezB
    Vinnyeh (if can build a bike in time)
    Thisisnotaspoon
    Bikey
    The Southern Yeti
    Petesgaff
    Thurman Merman
    Aleigh (camping at the cafe)
    Andy
    Mulletus Maximus (might wear lycra)
    Nickc
    Willej
    5AM
    Djaustin
    Soma_rich (possibility)
    AndyRT
    DrBike (possibility)
    Piha
    Kevsterjw
    Toab
    Dobo
    Simwit

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The green slime alien seems to have left my head so I should be there tomorrow.

Update on the Elfin conspiracy – He is vaguely related to the BBB. We asked if STW wanted to get involved in the BBB a bit more this year. they seemed okay in principle but now have banned Elfin and therefor cannot possibly be associated with the BBB.

Not a case of being scared to travel south, spend money or worried it is better than their events. no sir, purely because Elfin used BBB to blag a ticket to the cycle show and therfor must be an ambassador for the event. A bit like the FA and Panarama….

Obviously an unfounded conspiracy theory.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good to have you along 🙂 i’ll bring a mini pack of haribo for you as a welcome gift. thats just how nice i am

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but now have banned Elfin and therefore cannot possibly be associated with the BBB.

He’s only received a 7 day ban for his mysterious “crime”.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yes, but all possible support for the BBB has been removed apparently… Have you noticed an influx of Russians on the forum?

willej

I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it as my back is playing up. I’m hoping it will ease up today (not being at work or having to dig my car out today!) but don’t hang around if I don’t show up.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ibroprufin, and the promise of haribo should make your back better 😉

willej

Yup, I’m caning the ibuprofen and I’m still having trouble getting up off the sofa! Sneezing is hurting a fair bit too. I’m thinking it’s a trapped/inflamed nerve thing. Hoping I’ll get up tomorrow and it’ll be all better :o)

philconsequence
    Free Member

fingers crossed for you dude! know the feeling, a little tumble onto my side on thursdays night ride and the cold have set mine off in a really frustrating way, no amount of stretching or heat is helping it settle. long hot bath tonight, painkillers and a lot of stretching before bed i think 🙂

willej

Cheers, will do my best!

Andy

I’m definitely a maybe now. A stinking cold all week that I cant get rid of. Will see if any better tomorrow. Shame as really want to do it.

Shame as was also looking forward to the gobby I’ll get from Az after giving him grief last night for getting banned….. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Roll-call for the STW Swinley sexy party this Sunday….’ is closed to new replies.