Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rolex Datejust
  • j5kol
    Free Member

My wife’s datejust self winder seems to have seized up. When you try to wind it up the winding mechanism will not turn. Has anybody encountered this issue with a Rolex ?

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

Sounds like it may be rusty, pretty sure it will need a service

Where abouts are you?

shifter
    Free Member

Not with mine. Have you had it serviced every two years like Rolex suggest? 🙂
    Mine’s just had its first after 14 years, expensive but they do rebuild it and it looks like new. That, or an independent repairer is your choice I think.

joolsburger
    Free Member
    jeffc

It’ll just be that the rotor is no longer winding the main spring. Not major but unless it’s been for a service in the last 5 years I’d get it fully serviced. Not by a Rolex Service Centre, just by a good watchmaker who has a parts account with rolex. Rolex don’t recommend service every two years, although they give a 2 year warranty on service. normal interval is around 5 but plenty watches last in excess of 10 years without work.

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for 12 years and it’s never been serviced, the only thing is it runs a bit fast.

j5kol
    Free Member

I think it is need of a service and as suggested above “It’ll just be that the rotor is no longer winding the main spring.”

Thanks for the replies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rolex Datejust’ is closed to new replies.