Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rohloff with Gates Carbon belt drive.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Any first hand experiences? I’m enjoying the summer minimal drive train maintenance. So looking ahead to the winter I’m thinking of getting a bike that will also require minimal maintenance. Be mainly road miles with some odd singletrack thrown in. Does the belt add much benefit over a single chain in terms of maintenance? My ss is not much hardship to look after. The frames I’m looking at are equipped for belt drive, but I’m not sure if a chain will be much more hassle to look after. What are the real world benefits of belt drive?

z1ppy

Well there this thread from Graham..

Though I will post an edited version of Njee20’s last comment from that thread

njee20 – Member
    Graham please take this in the spirit it’s intended. You do break a huge amount of kit …. there are a lot of riders far more powerful than you who don’t manage to break anything like the same amount of kit. It’s very odd indeed.

Having recommended Time pedal to him, which I have only managed wear out after 5+ years.. Graham broken his on his 1st ride.

bedmaker

On a mtb, it seems like a bad idea to me. See the thread above. I’ve also seen similar on the uk fat forum, I think it may have been johnclimber who had his totally fail. A good chain on a rohloff is very low maintenance anyway

ratherbeintobago

I think it may have been johnclimber who had his totally fail.

Given he was only starting this thread six months ago…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff with Gates Carbon belt drive.’ is closed to new replies.