Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • rohloff rotor options
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

got a mong like c2 style rotor on my rohloff hub at the moment

who makes what in the where now – 160mm if you please.

singlespeedstu

Hope will make you what ever you want.

trail_rat
    Free Member

come again stu – if i asked for a rotor to match my front race X2 rotor they would do it – i thought they had stopped doing custom rotors – remember in the early 2000s they did writing in rotors and had high failures !

any rough idea of damage stu ?

singlespeedstu

No idea of price.
    Get your LBS to order up what you want.

Or SJS have a few in stock.
    **** expensive though.

lipseal
    Free Member

Wonder if Hope would do ( as you say) floating rotor for the rohloff?

singlespeedstu

I don't think they will do a foater as it'd be a new casting for the spider

trail_rat
    Free Member

i dont want a floater – just that the rotor i have looks garbage – but it seems it cost 50 quid so if thats just a normal rotor for rohloff i aint willing to pay more than that for aesthetics !

lipseal
    Free Member

😥

singlespeedstu

Wiggle did do a sawtooth but have none in stock.
    They were about £20.

andyfb78
    Free Member

hope do do a rohloff floating.

i have a floating vented v2 rohloff on my tandem (well our tandem I guess)

hope wasn't as expensive as SJS either for other discs either. seem to able to get anything you want within a couple of weeks, ordered through my LBS, but you could ring them direct too, they are dead helpful types.

the vented cost pretty much the same as the non-rohloff version.

singlespeedstu

andyfb78 – Member

hope do do a rohloff floating.

Well that's told me hasn't it. 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds better to me stu – my LBS have a monster hope order from me ill see if they can tag it on for moi !

andyfb78, is the floating Hope Rohloff disc only available to special order from Hope then ?
    I'd like one, but nothing turns up with a Google search.
    Are they made to order ? The centre part looks like it's machined from flat, not cast, so it would be simple enough to put the numbers in the CNC machine and knock one out as a one off if they don't keep them in stock.

lipseal
    Free Member

I'd like a floater too 8)

kaiser
    Free Member

blimey …you're bothered by what a small rotor which is partially concealed looks like on the back of your bike ? Are you concerned about what type of mud flicks onto it too when out for a ride? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

wah wah wah kaiser

first bike ive built as i "want" it so i want it right – although i can live with it for having 50 quid in my pocket 😉

anyway hope emailed back to say they still make the rotor on the wiggle page so no problem for my LBS to order. Bonus

8 months later, I just found this.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/hope-rohloff-specific-ventilated-floating-4-bolt-rotor-203-mm-prod25622/

£100 for a brake disc. 😯
    I don’t even like the look of it, it’s far too chunky and it’s 203mm. A floating 140 or 160mm version of that saw one above would look far better.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

When I spoke to Hope in 2009 they said NO to any type of floating rotor to suit ‘hof hubs.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘rohloff rotor options’ is closed to new replies.