Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rohloff on 142×12 frame?
  • lokimann
    Free Member

Is it possible? I’m in love with the new Santa Cruz Tallboy LT, but I also love my Rohloff. What are the chances? Maybe there’s a converter out there, or should I talk to a machinist?

ratherbeintobago

The alloy one is 135mm QR if that helps.

Andy

STATO
    Free Member

Ive not heard of anything, in theory it could work using some sort of extra long skewer (from a trek maybe) and machining some inserts that replicate a standard 135mm dropout. But isnt the drive side 142 threaded, this could make it difficult.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am fairly sure there is a longer axle version available – I looked into it for the tandem which is a 145 axle and it was possible but. whether you can convert an existing hub I don’t know

lokimann
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like getting together with an engineer and a machinist over a few beers will be the way to go…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you run thru the speed hub finder at the end yo get an option for the long axle plate

http://www.rohloff.de/en/servicemenue/speedhub_finder/index.html

STATO
    Free Member

TJ, 142mm axle is for 12mm bolt through axles. The hubs have an extra extension on each end to allow them to sit in recesses in the frame so its easier to fit the 12mm through axle. Fitting a longer nutted axle to the hub wont help as the frame dosnt have normal QR type drops, it has a fully enclosed type which you slide the 12mm axle through.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff on 142×12 frame?’ is closed to new replies.