Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rohloff brake rotor woes…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I stuck up a wtd ad on here a few weeks back for a replacement rotor for my Rohloff speedhub. Had a couple of replies, ought one using paypal (not gift).
    It turned up, I tried to fit it, but it was too big! The mounting bolt circle diamet was 80mm, not the 65m it should be: http://www.rohloff.de/en/technology/speedhub/technics/
    Now the guy who sold it to me said it was for a Rohloff. It came in an unopened and unmarked Hope packet. I’m in email discussion with him regarding possibe return/refund.
    In the meantime, I coughed up the cash and bought a brand new rotor from Bike24 in Germany. Just tried to fit the rotor and guess what? It doesn’t fit, as before, its too big! Again, the brake bolt circle is 80mm.

I’ve emailed the secondhand seller, Hope and Bike24 to sort the mess out. Has anyone elese come across this problem before?
    What hubs use a 80mm 4-bolt arrangement?

bobgarrod
    Free Member

delete

snaps
    Free Member

Just measured mine at 65mm BCD, only other 4 bolt set up I can think of is this one or Cannondale Coda (but I think that was a small BCD)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

That’s a new one on me. You could try calling Hope to ask what it is.

Bloody hell you can pay a lot for a Rohloff rotor

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brakes-disc-rotors-dept884/

bencooper
    Free Member

Someone’s mixed up Rohloff and AM4 -easy enough to do if you don’t know much about them I guess.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Someone’s mixed up Rohloff and AM4

That’s what it looks like. Frustrating secondhand, very annoying when bought from a shop.

I can’t find any reference online that the AM4 is an 80mm bolt PCD? Or is it something more obscure?

bencooper
    Free Member

I think AM4 is 80mm, not certain though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff brake rotor woes…’ is closed to new replies.