Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rohloff and trailers / chariots
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m thinking about a new utility bike and I’m contemplating making it a Rohloff for ease of maintenance etc. However one of it’s uses will be to tow sweajnr1 to / from playgrounds / day care etc which will require it to be used with a chariot.

So has anybody used a trailer / chariot with a Rohloff hub? Any problems with getting it all linked together given the extra kit arranged at the back wheel?

hatter

The Sram hub gear adaptor that Chariot do will fit a Rohloff nutted axle, it’s the same thread pitch. It places the hitch a bit further out so it usually clears everything.

If you’re using a Q/R then you should be O.K. so long as the shift box is located out of the way of the EZ-hitch and not hanging down directly beneath the axle.

teacake
    Free Member

I do this and it works great.

I have a Surly Troll and the Rohloff is held on with a QR skewer – chain tug on drive side. No worries.

My email is in my profile if you want pics or more info.

Have fun!

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks teacake – If the idle contemplation becomes actual commitment I may e-mail you before spending the money. I’m actually looking at the troll / ogre as the frame so that’s great to hear.

flyingmm

I’ve been using this set-up with a surly ogre for the last couple of years and progressed to the double chariot as the family has grown – happy to send pics if you email me. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff and trailers / chariots’ is closed to new replies.