• This topic has 40 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rodgers gone
  • voodoo_chile

Not before time

Drac

What all of them?

matt_outandabout

Which one?

MrSmith
    Free Member

The Packers will not be the same without him, Bet McCarthy isn’t happy about that.
    Where has he gone to? Denver Bronco’s?

voodoo_chile

Ted and buck

allthepies
    Free Member

He was a dead man walking.

Out of his depth IMO, spunked how much cash on mediocre/crap players ?

Who next…. Ancelotti ?

geoffj

Predictable – Stevie G to return as player manager apparently.

muggomagic

He was the greatest coach ever before Gerrard’s slip though.

MSP

Out of his depth IMO, spunked how much cash on mediocre/crap players ?

To be fair he wasn’t in charge of recruitment, that may have been a big part of the problem and why they may struggle to replace him if they don’t change that.

bearnecessities

It’s official then, I get all of my news from here.

Shame, I always thought he had a chance if he could just control the spendy/twatty side of him.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It is official. Liverpool FC website has confirmed it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s been coming . I actually quite like the guy and feel a little bit sorry for him. Although he said ‘outstanding’ far too much. Who next on the Liverpool merry-go-round

stevedoc
    Free Member

A sad day for football, time to start ripping José Mourinho

RickDraper
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saw that Henry clip on Twitter. Very funny. 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Excellent! The clip I mean

slackalice
    Free Member

Please enter Herr Klopp.

maccruiskeen

Rodgers gone

‘Rodgers’ is present tense – if he’s gone then he’s now just ‘Rodgered’

voodoo_chile

Great technician …as a group ….

muggomagic

Apparently the new manager has to keep the back room staff currently there. Would Klopp want that?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I doubt any of the apparent contenders would accept the transfer committee policy. It’s easy to say Rodgers wasted all the cash the club spent but I wonder how many of the players he actually wanted. However – as a coach who claimed he improved players, especially young ones with potential, well I don’t see much evidence of that. Nor did his occasional twattery and ego do him in any favours.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Love that Henry clip…. the greatest French basketball player ever…. even has an irish sport stadium named after him…. the stadium Thierry built 😆
    Unfortunately for Liverpool football is moving on and unless there’s a rich arab with time and billions to spare it aint going to happen which is a shame.
    Bye Brenda

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

its a shame … they shouldve given him more time .. I wonder if Jose will be next, there are 2 premiership vacancies on offer already. However isnt pep free at the end of the season?

My tupence would have been Lisa.

MSP

However isnt pep free at the end of the season?

He is going to Manchester…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

which one?

binners

Bring back king Kenny!!!! 🙂

I was hoping Rodgers would stay. He’s hopeless!

But if Liverpool persevere with their ‘transfer comitee” policy, instead of letting the manager decide which players he wants…. 7th at best

Long may it continue!

RickDraper
    Free Member

City.

loddrik
    Free Member

He was full of bullshit and for some reason carried on like he was the new messiah. But…

[video]http://youtu.be/plZRe1kPWZw[/video]

And funnily enough people found him out soon enough.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pity Real haven’t started their manager merry go round yet otherwise Rafa would be free 🙂

I wonder if the decision was influenced by Mourinho being on thin ice and Chelsea potentially snapping up Klopp (that is if Klopp would even be interested in the Liverpool job).

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I did think he was more special brew than special one. I guess his dossier didnt highlight the difference.
    There is an opening for him at sunderland and possibly newcastle soon so I doubt he will be out for long. Not quite the finished article. I actually prefer big Sam and his equally large database and his last tenure at West Ham put him up in my estimation.

gonzy
    Free Member

about time too…i actually started to feel sorry for him but then i realised there’ll be about 15 million reasons why i shouldnt!!

he should have gone at the end of last season…FSG bankrolled another spending spree in the summer and now a new manager will come in to work with players on big contracts who he may not want at the club!
    FSG have dropped a clanger in that sense…
    now it seems to be either Klopp or Ancelotti for the role…both seemed to hint at wanting the job.

ransos
    Free Member

I actually prefer big Sam and his equally large database and his last tenure at West Ham put him up in my estimation.

West Ham’s football was appalling to watch for most of his time in charge.

lemonysam
    Free Member

now it seems to be either Klopp or Ancelotti for the role…both seemed to hint at wanting the job.

I can’t see either of them being particularly happy with the Transfer Committee bollocks that FSG seem to insisted on.

allthepies
    Free Member

Given the disaster buys in the last 2 years neither can FSG 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

News Thump sums it up…

Who next for the impossible job?

gonzy
    Free Member

I can’t see either of them being particularly happy with the Transfer Committee bollocks that FSG seem to insisted on.

its been reported that Klopp said he will consider the role if the transfer committee is scrapped…preferably with a hoof in the slats!

pb2

How bad/stupid/wasteful (pick your own if these don’t work) has Liverpools transfer policy been ? I don’t know anyone who thinks its even half decent but lets try to put it in to perspective by comparing the price Liverpool paid for an average centre back Lovren (£20m) with the cost of Evertons first choice defence.

Howard £3m Baines £6m Stones £3m Jagielka £4m Coleman £0.6m Total £16.6.

And here is another interesting question, how many of Liverpool’s defence of 5 would make it in to the Everton team ? Im not 100% sure any of them would, Clyne and Can are both good players but better than Evertons ? Mignolet is on a par with the error prone Howard whose better days are now behind him. Skirtel and who ever they pair him with would not get a look in against Jags and Stones and do not forget Everton have outstanding cover in the very promising Galloway whose fee was not disclosed but was most certainly less than £4m.

Everton are far from perfect overpaying for the likes of Lakaku and McCarthy but Everton, Swansea and Southampton all highlight just how wasteful Liverpool have been and the common denominator with these 3 is the strong relationship between the owner/chairman and the manager and having the nous to walk away from silly deals.

FSG, Ian Ayre and co have so much to learn and to do before Liverpool win another trophy.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think that Liverpool also have the problem that people know they have money which they’re willing to spend so if your negotiation with Everton/Southampton/Swansea’s stalling at 6 million you might take the money as they’re not going to up the bid whereas with Liverpool you might just need to play hard to get and hope to cash in if they get desperate.

Northwind

allthepies – Member

Who next…. Ancelotti ?

Better not be, I’m saving up for a DHP

gonzy
    Free Member

pb – thats a fair assessment. liverpool havent had a decent defender for many years apart from Carragher. Clyne is good and gomez has potential but the rest have been poor. Sakho is very much hit and miss, Skrtl is showing his age now, Toure is past his sell by date, Moreno cant defend and Lovren…the less said about him the better!!
    Flanagan is decent but cant get a game when fit and wisdom has been shipped out on loan as has Ilori.
    Lallana has been a waste of money and i cant see Joe Allen staying on for much longer now.
    trouble is we’re stuck with these players, some on very good contracts…who would buy them and still pay them at that rate?? the only way to get rid of them is to sell them for peanuts so the buying club can afford their salaries.
    as for Mignolet….he’s the goalkeeping equivalent of Lovren!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rodgers gone’ is closed to new replies.