Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rode Rogate today
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

Rode the mini-DH stuff at Rogate today and had a really good day.

The place is still in it's facillities infancy but the trails are good if a little packed in. Not much fun when busy I suspect.

Spent most of the day practising drops and jumps – which I sure the Alfine loved – and felt alot better / more confident by the end of the day.

We're going to try PORC next month as it's slightly closer but I'm looking forward to returning.

I think PORC is more a dry weather place (clay) and Rogate is more weather friendly (sandy).

No pictures as I was too busy having fun.

Met up with some guys off Muddyarses – mandog organised today.

The runs weren't long (2-minutes maybe) but short enough that the push up wasn't a ball ache.

There was a 7-year old (well small kid) who was launching off the jumps on his small wheeled trainer bike.

brakes
    Free Member

😀 the runs are about 30 seconds, max

mk1fan
    Free Member

That's quick from the top!

brakes
    Free Member

ok, maybe 40 seconds from the top 😉
    needs a lot of work in my opinion, and as usual stuff that is built is around near the bottom doubles and has the age old problem of crossing the main line

djglover
    Free Member

bakes, had your freeride stopwatch fixed then?

brakes
    Free Member

I was talking about airtime, obviously

mk1fan
    Free Member

The best thing about it was the ease in which I could session a short section gradually increasing the run to include more 'features'.

More a skills honing and play place than 'riding' place – like UK Bike Park.

Got PORC next and then perhaps a trip to Chicksands.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rode Rogate today’ is closed to new replies.