Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • rode a mojo today..marvellous!
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Evening all,

I posted a thread yesterday about a Mojo or Mojo HD, well i test rode a Mojo today and loved it..no pedal bob that i noticed and looks ace in the naked carbon.

It is true what they say tho..they are short in the top tube. I tried a medium and it fits fine, at 5ft 5 ish i usuall ride a small. I reckon id need a layback seat post tho.

Im having one for sure. I think id be fine with the Mojo as opposed to the Hd version. I ride mainly Glentress, Laggan and general XC, the odd trip to the red at Fort Bill will be in there aswell.

So my latest question is.. is it worh the extra dosh for the SL as opposed to the normal Mojo? There is very little weight difference and i could always swap to ti bolts at a later date. Should i spend the extra dosh on the fram or save it for pimping?

Thanks for any advice.

Mike.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Get the regular one not the SL and spend the spare cash on a set of carbon fibre wheels 😆

1981miked
    Free Member

Like ur thinking geetee. The standard one has the lopes link anyway. I was thinking crank brothers? Even ho i have 2 sets of hools in the house!

I feel Sram X0 coming on!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geetee1972
    Free Member

A good mate of mine has just ordered a mojo 160mm HD but his aim is to get the 140mm conversion kit for it. I think youve made a blindingly good choice there. Have fun with it.

The carbon rims suggestion was serious and based on first hand testimony from a bike journo who’s just been testing a set and said they are brilliant.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Standard one is discontinued for 2011 and there is a slight price reduction on the SL – mind you that was in dollars so might be nowt by the time the exchange rate is factored in.

njee20
    Free Member

Carbon rims is a sweeping generalisation, there are plenty of alu rims with carbon skins, there are some bloody weighty carbon wheels and some scarily light ones. IMO unless you’re going for the insanely light ones they’re not really worth the money.

anotherstan
    Free Member

rode (with someone who was riding) a mojo today 😀 he swears by it, and (in answer to your question) he reckons he’s glad he stumped up the extra for the sl version.

hth.

1981miked
    Free Member

Hmm! Ill look into it when i get home. Does anybody know where there are discounted ones?

Yeah. Happy with my selection. Just got to sell my Alpine now!
    Can u get red headsets for them? The guy at the shoo said no but i have seen them fitted, also can u order them with the red lopes link and seat collar?

cinnamon_girl

Well done on getting a demo! But I’m surprised at your findings with size, ie medium with a layback. Can only assume you are in different proportions to me!

If I was buying new, I would go for the SL as it’s a fair bit lighter than the standard. Mine has the Lopes link and comes out at around 26.5 lbs.

I’m really enjoying it although it’s taking a while to get used to a full suss again. Tomorrow I shall hurtle down some Chiltern descents. 8)

Edit: 5.2 lbs for the SL and I believe around 5.6 lbs for the standard.

psychle
    Free Member

Still think you should strongly consider the HD 140, by all accounts it’s noticeably stiffer than the standard or SL Mojo (have a look on mtbr.com for some reviews and opinions from folk who’ve gone to the HD from the SL, they describe it as night and day). Not much of a weight penalty (400gms or so) and a tonne more versatility, especially if you combine it with the new Angleset headset from Cane Creek. Plus, the SL is around 3 years old now, the HD is brand new and incorporates a bunch of ‘modern’ features (guides for adjustable seatpost, tapered headtube, maxle lite rear…

1981miked
    Free Member

Oh i didnt know it had the maxle rear end…

It is a good bit more expensive than the standard Mojo and SL…still, if im spending this much then i may aswell go the whole hog Psychle.

I was surprised aswell Cinnamon, i though i would feel different when i saw the medium, but i would feel very cramped on a small…
    I think i would like the extra 10mm or so a layback post would give.

Thanks for the input people, ill keep you posted on what im doing.

trailertrash

spending a freekin’ mountain o money is what you’re doing. wow.hope it’s as fab as 🙂

showerman
    Free Member

had a little problem with my mojo a year ago Ibis very kindly upgraded to the sl naked carbon (why go carbon then paint it 😕 ) with carbon shock for a few £. the Hd was 6months away so did not wait, wish i had but the sl is still a very good ride.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘rode a mojo today..marvellous!’ is closed to new replies.